Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small manhole cover / access point

Te aluminium frame on a manhole cover on my drive has broken and I need to
get a new one. It sits atop a 9inch inside diameter earthenware shaft (pipe)
that hasn't been cut very square. The make is Hepworth but I can't find my
type on their web site.

A photo of another one around my house:

http://tinyurl.com/2qlq6b

Any suggestions for a supplier?

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 637017 20070515 175519 "John" wrote:
Te aluminium frame on a manhole cover on my drive has broken and I need to
get a new one. It sits atop a 9inch inside diameter earthenware shaft (pipe)
that hasn't been cut very square. The make is Hepworth but I can't find my
type on their web site.

A photo of another one around my house:

http://tinyurl.com/2qlq6b

Any suggestions for a supplier?

There's a couple of round ones on the Screwfix website :

Not exactly the same though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 May 2007 16:55:19 GMT, "John" wrote:

|!Te aluminium frame on a manhole cover on my drive has broken and I need to
|!get a new one. It sits atop a 9inch inside diameter earthenware shaft (pipe)
|!that hasn't been cut very square. The make is Hepworth but I can't find my
|!type on their web site.

Hepworth are still going strong, I drive past them occasionally, email them
the photo. Web sites only cover the regularly sold items.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

Te aluminium frame on a manhole cover on my drive has broken and I
need to get a new one. It sits atop a 9inch inside diameter
earthenware shaft (pipe) that hasn't been cut very square. The make
is Hepworth but I can't find my type on their web site.

A photo of another one around my house:

http://tinyurl.com/2qlq6b

Any suggestions for a supplier?

--
John

Could you use one of these?

http://co-uk.wavin.com/master/master...oduct_detail_I

[Or, in shortened form, http://tinyurl.com/2a3742 ]

--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

|!Te aluminium frame on a manhole cover on my drive has broken and I need
|!get a new one. It sits atop a 9inch inside diameter earthenware shaft
(pipe)
|!that hasn't been cut very square. The make is Hepworth but I can't find
my
|!type on their web site.

Hepworth are still going strong, I drive past them occasionally, email
them
the photo. Web sites only cover the regularly sold items.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page Completely Free to any
address in the UK. Contact me on the *above* email address.

thanks - initially I only found a contact address for registered users - I
have now found another address and have e-mailed them

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

|!Te aluminium frame on a manhole cover on my drive has broken and I need
|!get a new one. It sits atop a 9inch inside diameter earthenware shaft
(pipe)
|!that hasn't been cut very square. The make is Hepworth but I can't find
my
|!type on their web site.

Hepworth are still going strong, I drive past them occasionally, email
them
the photo. Web sites only cover the regularly sold items.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page Completely Free to any
address in the UK. Contact me on the *above* email address.

Prompt reply from Hepworth. As you suggested it is an item no longer listed
but can be obtained. I have the code number now.