A DIY & home improvement forum. DIYbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DIYbanter forum » Do - it - Yourself » UK diy
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

WetNfiX



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 16th 06, 03:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default WetNfiX

i have a great problem with rawlplugs not "biting" in my very crumbly
cinder-block walls.

i have come across something called wetnfix and wondered do these work?
(www.wetnfix.co.uk)

if anyone has used them i'd appreciate your feedback. i'm a bit loathed
to spend money on something that doesn't improve the situation.

harry (mr)

Ads
  #2  
Old October 16th 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,288
Default WetNfiX

Mr Harry wrote:

i have a great problem with rawlplugs not "biting" in my very crumbly
cinder-block walls.

i have come across something called wetnfix and wondered do these work?
(www.wetnfix.co.uk)

if anyone has used them i'd appreciate your feedback. i'm a bit loathed
to spend money on something that doesn't improve the situation.

harry (mr)


Not tried those yet. Other effective methods are
1. drill oversize, fill, let dry and drill/plug as normal
2. use resin fixing


NT

  #3  
Old October 16th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,024
Default WetNfiX

On 16 Oct 2006 07:25:07 -0700, Mr Harry wrote:

i have come across something called wetnfix and wondered do these work?


Tja! Es lauft ganz gut.
  #4  
Old October 16th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,182
Default WetNfiX

Mr Harry wrote:
i have a great problem with rawlplugs not "biting" in my very crumbly
cinder-block walls.

i have come across something called wetnfix and wondered do these work?
(www.wetnfix.co.uk)

if anyone has used them i'd appreciate your feedback. i'm a bit loathed
to spend money on something that doesn't improve the situation.


They're not bad - I've used them once or twice. I keep then in my
rawlplug box for use in situations where I reckoned a rawlplug would
work OK, but then find it hasn't! Does depend on how crappy your walls
are though - if they're really bad, these things won't work miracles,
and you'd be better off with a more rigourous method like a resin-based
system.

But anbyway, they only cost a quid or so from B&Q or Wickes: hardly
going to break the bank if they don't grip well enough!!

David
  #5  
Old October 16th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default WetNfiX


Lobster wrote:

But anbyway, they only cost a quid or so from B&Q or Wickes: hardly
going to break the bank if they don't grip well enough!!


3.50 for 10

  #7  
Old October 16th 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default WetNfiX


Lobster wrote:

They're not bad - I've used them once or twice. I keep then in my
rawlplug box for use in situations where I reckoned a rawlplug would
work OK, but then find it hasn't! Does depend on how crappy your walls
are though - if they're really bad, these things won't work miracles,
and you'd be better off with a more rigourous method like a resin-based
system.


Walls are such that maybe one out of four rawl plugs hits a soft spot.

harry

  #8  
Old October 16th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,323
Default WetNfiX

Lobster wrote:
They're not bad - I've used them once or twice. I keep then in my
rawlplug box for use in situations where I reckoned a rawlplug would
work OK, but then find it hasn't! Does depend on how crappy your
walls are though - if they're really bad, these things won't work
miracles, and you'd be better off with a more rigourous method like a
resin-based system.


Reminds me of the stuff Rawlplug used to sell years ago. Was it asbestos
fibre based? You spat on it & bunged it in the hole.

Most Fischer stuff does what it says on the tin.


--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257


  #9  
Old October 16th 06, 10:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 158
Default WetNfiX

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Reminds me of the stuff Rawlplug used to sell years ago. Was it asbestos
fibre based? You spat on it & bunged it in the hole.


Yes, asbestos. Very good stuff too. Been holding up my bookshelves for
the past 21 years.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.