Old October 16th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WetNfiX

i have a great problem with rawlplugs not "biting" in my very crumbly
cinder-block walls.

i have come across something called wetnfix and wondered do these work?
(www.wetnfix.co.uk)

if anyone has used them i'd appreciate your feedback. i'm a bit loathed
to spend money on something that doesn't improve the situation.

harry (mr)

Old October 16th 06, 04:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Harry wrote:

i have a great problem with rawlplugs not "biting" in my very crumbly
cinder-block walls.

i have come across something called wetnfix and wondered do these work?
(www.wetnfix.co.uk)

if anyone has used them i'd appreciate your feedback. i'm a bit loathed
to spend money on something that doesn't improve the situation.

harry (mr)

Not tried those yet. Other effective methods are
1. drill oversize, fill, let dry and drill/plug as normal
2. use resin fixing

NT

Old October 16th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Oct 2006 07:25:07 -0700, Mr Harry wrote:

i have come across something called wetnfix and wondered do these work?

Tja! Es lauft ganz gut.
Old October 16th 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Harry wrote:
i have a great problem with rawlplugs not "biting" in my very crumbly
cinder-block walls.

i have come across something called wetnfix and wondered do these work?
(www.wetnfix.co.uk)

if anyone has used them i'd appreciate your feedback. i'm a bit loathed
to spend money on something that doesn't improve the situation.

They're not bad - I've used them once or twice. I keep then in my
rawlplug box for use in situations where I reckoned a rawlplug would
work OK, but then find it hasn't! Does depend on how crappy your walls
are though - if they're really bad, these things won't work miracles,
and you'd be better off with a more rigourous method like a resin-based
system.

But anbyway, they only cost a quid or so from B&Q or Wickes: hardly
going to break the bank if they don't grip well enough!!

David
Old October 16th 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:

But anbyway, they only cost a quid or so from B&Q or Wickes: hardly
going to break the bank if they don't grip well enough!!

3.50 for 10

Old October 16th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Not tried those yet. Other effective methods are
1. drill oversize, fill, let dry and drill/plug as normal

Fill with polyfilla or cement?

Old October 16th 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:

They're not bad - I've used them once or twice. I keep then in my
rawlplug box for use in situations where I reckoned a rawlplug would
work OK, but then find it hasn't! Does depend on how crappy your walls
are though - if they're really bad, these things won't work miracles,
and you'd be better off with a more rigourous method like a resin-based
system.

Walls are such that maybe one out of four rawl plugs hits a soft spot.

harry

Old October 16th 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
They're not bad - I've used them once or twice. I keep then in my
rawlplug box for use in situations where I reckoned a rawlplug would
work OK, but then find it hasn't! Does depend on how crappy your
walls are though - if they're really bad, these things won't work
miracles, and you'd be better off with a more rigourous method like a
resin-based system.

Reminds me of the stuff Rawlplug used to sell years ago. Was it asbestos
fibre based? You spat on it & bunged it in the hole.

Most Fischer stuff does what it says on the tin.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Old October 16th 06, 11:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Reminds me of the stuff Rawlplug used to sell years ago. Was it asbestos
fibre based? You spat on it & bunged it in the hole.

Yes, asbestos. Very good stuff too. Been holding up my bookshelves for
the past 21 years.