Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default netto have a disc&belt sander on thursday

table top model what would you use it for?

30GBP

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
table top model what would you use it for?

I've got a Rexon (?) model in the workshop. Very useful machine. Great for
curved sections - jigsaw roughly to shape & sand to final shape. Sanding
end grain to get a better finish, cleaning up joints, all sorts. Use it a
lot.

Only works for fairly small pieces of timber of course.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:41:52 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

table top model what would you use it for?

It's a belt and disk model.

So you can use the belt to practice your cursing, as to why you bought a
piece of junk that is too cheap to track the belt straight.

The disk is a small diameter, comparable to the size of the piece of
wood you'll be sanding on it. This gives enough variation in linear
speed with radius that you'll sand an interesting range of angles on the
ends, none exactly equal to 90°.

--
If we fail, then let us fail heroically
(or even better, stoichiometrically)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
table top model what would you use it for?

I've got a Rexon (?) model in the workshop. Very useful machine.
Great for curved sections - jigsaw roughly to shape & sand to final
shape. Sanding end grain to get a better finish, cleaning up joints,
all sorts. Use it a lot.

Only works for fairly small pieces of timber of course.

Oh ok.

hmmm! I can do all that on my belt sander turned upside down clamped in the
workbench.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message k
from "The Medway Handyman" contains
these words:

I've got a Rexon (?) model in the workshop.

I had one of them. Smashing it was, till some theiving git nicked it.
The Clarke machine I got to replace it isn't a patch on the Rexon.

--
Skipweasel