Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Rebuild Costs And How To Find Them

I was wondering the other day ...re Buildings Insurance renewal ...how
to work out what rebuilding costs are .I live in a red sandstone
tenement ( block of flats ) property that is about 100 years old and
consists of 8 flats...1 and 2 bedroom flats.... in each close/entrance
..
Is there any way of getting a rebuild cost . At present I think it is
at £55000 for my flat but that figure is years old . The actual
rebuild cost would,of course depend on what damage had been done to
the rest of the property which extends to 40 flats in the entire
block..Typical flats are selling for a round £100,000 at present..

Any help appreciated .Do Insurance companies keep such a way of
working this out .

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
crb

Look at http://calculator.bcis.co.uk/

CRB

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland

.
Is there any way of getting a rebuild cost . At present I think it is
at £55000 for my flat but that figure is years old . The actual
rebuild cost would,of course depend on what damage had been done to
the rest of the property which extends to 40 flats in the entire
block..Typical flats are selling for a round £100,000 at present..

Any help appreciated .Do Insurance companies keep such a way of

Are you too lazy to use Google?

http://calculator.bcis.co.uk/

Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:24:50 -0000, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

I was wondering the other day ...re Buildings Insurance renewal ...how
to work out what rebuilding costs are .I live in a red sandstone
tenement ( block of flats ) property that is about 100 years old and
consists of 8 flats...1 and 2 bedroom flats.... in each close/entrance
.
Is there any way of getting a rebuild cost . At present I think it is
at £55000 for my flat but that figure is years old . The actual
rebuild cost would,of course depend on what damage had been done to
the rest of the property which extends to 40 flats in the entire
block..Typical flats are selling for a round £100,000 at present..

Any help appreciated .Do Insurance companies keep such a way of

Are you too lazy to use Google?

how do you know I didn't ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On 10 Feb 2006 05:17:19 -0800, "crb"
wrote:

Look at http://calculator.bcis.co.uk/

CRB

Thx for that .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Look at http://calculator.bcis.co.uk/

CRB

Thx but being a block of flats the calculator doesn't aply so I'll
need to think again

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland

Are you too lazy to use Google?

how do you know I didn't ?

QED!

Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
Owain wrote:
snip

The rebuilding cost would probably therefore be arrived at by
calculating the full costs of demolition and rebuild (in a suitable
style - listing or conservation area status will increase costs) for the
whole block, divided between the number of flats in the building
(usually in the same close, but in some cases there is more than one
close in the same legal tenement, and this might apply in your case).

Of course problems arise if some owners aren't fully insured against the
risk that occurs.

I can imagine a building with a gap where one of the flats should have
been, supported only by a few RSJs :-)