Mr Fizzion

Default Hep2O copper pipe end protector

I want to link some Hep2O to copper, so what about the copper pipe end
protectors mentioned he http://www.hep20.co.uk/v2Ocopper1.cfm
(Hepworth product code HX61).

Since noone seems to sell these am I right in assuming they are not
necessary??

TIA

Mr F.

Doctor Drivel

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message

I want to link some Hep2O to copper, so what about the copper pipe end
protectors mentioned he http://www.hep20.co.uk/v2Ocopper1.cfm
(Hepworth product code HX61).

Since noone seems to sell these am I right in assuming they are not
necessary??

What they do is stop swarf snipping the O ring as you push on the fitting.
If you ensure there is no swarf at the end of the copper you can get away
with it.

Don't use the Hep2O slimline fittings. They are not dismountable, and are
prone to leaking more than the other types. I know many sites where they
have thrown away 100s or 1000s of these fittings, all new, and moved to
other types. They just don't trust them.

Andy Hall

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:05:27 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
.. .

I want to link some Hep2O to copper, so what about the copper pipe end
protectors mentioned he http://www.hep20.co.uk/v2Ocopper1.cfm
(Hepworth product code HX61).

Since noone seems to sell these am I right in assuming they are not
necessary??

What they do is stop swarf snipping the O ring as you push on the fitting.
If you ensure there is no swarf at the end of the copper you can get away
with it.

If you use a tube cutter rather than your hacksaw, there won't be any
swarf or sharp edges to cut the O-ring.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:05:27 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
.. .

I want to link some Hep2O to copper, so what about the copper pipe end
protectors mentioned he http://www.hep20.co.uk/v2Ocopper1.cfm
(Hepworth product code HX61).

Since noone seems to sell these am I right in assuming they are not
necessary??

What they do is stop swarf snipping the O ring as you push on the

fitting.
If you ensure there is no swarf at the end of the copper you can get away
with it.

If you use a tube cutter rather than your hacksaw, there won't be any
swarf or sharp edges to cut the O-ring.

10 out of 10. He has figured that out. Well this is the Internet.
Well not exactly as the odd bit of swarf (do you know what swarf is?) can
still be hanging around after using a wheel cutter.

Andy Hall

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:25:25 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:05:27 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
.. .

I want to link some Hep2O to copper, so what about the copper pipe end
protectors mentioned he http://www.hep20.co.uk/v2Ocopper1.cfm
(Hepworth product code HX61).

Since noone seems to sell these am I right in assuming they are not
necessary??

What they do is stop swarf snipping the O ring as you push on the

fitting.
If you ensure there is no swarf at the end of the copper you can get away
with it.

If you use a tube cutter rather than your hacksaw, there won't be any
swarf or sharp edges to cut the O-ring.

10 out of 10. He has figured that out. Well this is the Internet.
Well not exactly as the odd bit of swarf (do you know what swarf is?) can
still be hanging around after using a wheel cutter.

Not if you do what you are supposed to do and use the end of the tool
inside the end of the pipe. This may need reading of the
instructions to understand, though.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:25:25 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:05:27 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Doesn't always take it off, that is why Hep has these plastic copper pipe
inserts.

Andy Hall

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:42:13 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

What they do is stop swarf snipping the O ring as you push on the
fitting.
If you ensure there is no swarf at the end of the copper you can get

away
with it.

If you use a tube cutter rather than your hacksaw, there won't be any
swarf or sharp edges to cut the O-ring.

10 out of 10. He has figured that out. Well this is the Internet.
Well not exactly as the odd bit of swarf (do you know what swarf is?) can
still be hanging around after using a wheel cutter.

Not if you do what you are supposed to do and use the end of the tool
inside the end of the pipe.

Doesn't always take it off, that is why Hep has these plastic copper pipe
inserts.

Curious. Through care and following instructions I've never had any
problems with this or with plastic plumbing in general.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Christian McArdle

I want to link some Hep2O to copper, so what about the copper pipe end
protectors mentioned he http://www.hep20.co.uk/v2Ocopper1.cfm
(Hepworth product code HX61).

I used them. Go on, do the job properly!

Christian.

Grunff

Christian McArdle wrote:

I used them. Go on, do the job properly!

I've never used them, and never had a problem with copper pipe in pushfit.

--
Grunff
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

[...]

But you have only ever done about 10 joints.

Doctor Drivel

"Grunff" wrote in message
Christian McArdle wrote:

I used them. Go on, do the job properly!

I've never used them, and never had a problem with copper pipe in pushfit.

....until.....

Grunff

Doctor Drivel wrote:

I've never used them, and never had a problem with copper pipe in pushfit.

...until.....

Until I finished the job, and still had no leaks.

--
Grunff
Andy Hall

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:47:23 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

But you have only ever done about 10 joints.

Actually quite a lot more than that. Considering your track record
with plastic plumbing and hacksaws, you're not really in a position to
comment......