Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Appropriate NG for outdoor / landscaping questions?

Before I start asking, I wanted to ask if this is an appropriate NG
for questions regarding things like lawn repair, tree trimming, weed /
bee removal, and other landscaping questions? If not, can you guys
refer me to one?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jason Carlton" wrote

Before I start asking, I wanted to ask if this is an appropriate NG
for questions regarding things like lawn repair, tree trimming, weed /
bee removal, and other landscaping questions? If not, can you guys
refer me to one?

It works here too. Plenty of questions and answers on such. Like, now is
the time many trees get trimed (depends on type, some trim in spring). Now
is best time to fertilize and reseed a lawn (people far north of zone 7 are
past that optimal time)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 4:32*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"Jason Carlton" wrote

Before I start asking, I wanted to ask if this is an appropriate NG
for questions regarding things like lawn repair, tree trimming, weed /
bee removal, and other landscaping questions? If not, can you guys
refer me to one?

It works here too. *Plenty of questions and answers on such. *Like, now is
the time many trees get trimed (depends on type, some trim in spring). *Now
is best time to fertilize and reseed a lawn (people far north of zone 7 are
past that optimal time)

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jason Carlton" wrote in message
Before I start asking, I wanted to ask if this is an appropriate NG
for questions regarding things like lawn repair, tree trimming, weed /
bee removal, and other landscaping questions? If not, can you guys
refer me to one?

Crosspost the questions to rec.gardens. That means you put BOTH NG addresses
on the address line before hitting send. That way, responses from one NG
will also be seen in the other and there won't be duplication of effort.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jason Carlton" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

Before I start asking, I wanted to ask if this is an appropriate NG
for questions regarding things like lawn repair, tree trimming, weed /

It works here too. Plenty of questions and answers on such. Like, now is

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure :-)

Hehe most recent one was mine. Lost a tree (split in a windstorm) and the
guys and gals here helped me with ideas for suitable ones to replace it. We
are looking hard at apple or redbud. Right size for us. Oh and another
fellow is looking for a tree company in Salem NH that does small jobs but
I'm too far away to be able to help him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 4:54*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"Jason Carlton" wrote

"cshenk" wrote:
Before I start asking, I wanted to ask if this is an appropriate NG
for questions regarding things like lawn repair, tree trimming, weed /
It works here too. Plenty of questions and answers on such. Like, now is

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure :-)

Hehe most recent one was mine. *Lost a tree (split in a windstorm) and the
guys and gals here helped me with ideas for suitable ones to replace it. *We
are looking hard at apple or redbud. *Right size for us. *Oh and another
fellow is looking for a tree company in Salem NH that does small jobs but
I'm too far away to be able to help him.

Not to go off topic, but have you considered Japanese maple trees? I
had a tulip tree planted too close to the house, and now it's starting
to damage the roof, so 'm replacing it with a Fireglow that's only
6-10' when fully grown. Check it out:

http://www.buymaples.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?id=5
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 13:34:46 -0700 (PDT), Jason Carlton
wrote:

On Oct 2, 4:32*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"Jason Carlton" wrote

Before I start asking, I wanted to ask if this is an appropriate NG
for questions regarding things like lawn repair, tree trimming, weed /
bee removal, and other landscaping questions? If not, can you guys
refer me to one?

It works here too. *Plenty of questions and answers on such. *Like, now is
the time many trees get trimed (depends on type, some trim in spring). *Now
is best time to fertilize and reseed a lawn (people far north of zone 7 are
past that optimal time)

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure :-)

Jason, Responses are limited today. Many posters will not reply to a
Goggle group.

What I mean is that many folks FILTER. They are not interested.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jason Carlton" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

Not to go off topic, but have you considered Japanese maple trees? I
had a tulip tree planted too close to the house, and now it's starting
to damage the roof, so 'm replacing it with a Fireglow that's only
6-10' when fully grown. Check it out:

http://www.buymaples.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?id=5

Thanks! They do have some nice ones there. I have some odd spots where a
shorter one would work nicely.

landscaping privacy Stewie[_2_] Home Repair 21 February 24th 08 03:38 AM
new lot, grass and landscaping MikeNereson Home Repair 5 April 20th 07 02:56 PM
landscaping plan kaz101 Home Repair 1 January 2nd 07 05:19 AM
Lightning protection for outdoor ethernet Grounding rod questions etc.. Michael Kennedy Electronics Repair 13 March 11th 06 06:27 AM
need landscaping advice peter Home Repair 7 April 20th 05 04:28 PM