Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Tsaw/Jointer bench

After million years of thinking about a new bench for my table saw, I
finally got around to slapping it together. Figured I should share some
since I enjoy every one else's work.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Attached Thumbnails
Tsaw/Jointer bench-dcp_2108-jpg  Tsaw/Jointer bench-dcp_2101-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:15:21 -0500, Jack Stein wrote:

After million years of thinking about a new bench for my table saw, I
finally got around to slapping it together. Figured I should share some
since I enjoy every one else's work.

You obviously need a much larger shop, Jack... lol

Nice table! It's nice to sort of design something like that in your head for a
while, as you're using the tools... and satisfying when it's done and works..

I like your DC separator and the shop made connectors/blast gates.. very clever!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:

After million years of thinking about a new bench for my table saw, I
finally got around to slapping it together. Figured I should share some
since I enjoy every one else's work.

You obviously need a much larger shop, Jack... lol

I had a really nice shop in my old house. This one is in a 2 1/2 car
garage thats part of the house. The size is good for me, unfortunately,
since it's the path most used into the house, I have to keep my junk
covering every square inch of floor space and table space, lest the wife
and kids will plop something down every time they come in the house and
my stuff gets lost in a sea of junk. It's a never ending battle that
can't seem to be won:-)

Nice table! It's nice to sort of design something like that in your head for a
while, as you're using the tools... and satisfying when it's done and works..

Thats true. When I bought all my tools, over 30 years ago, the guy I
bought them from built really funky stands for everything. My first
woodworking task was to replace all the bases with cabinets, and used it
as a great way to learn to use the tools and make stuff. I can see my
learning skills improve from bench to bench, with finger joint drawers
on my work bench, solid panel doors on the lathe and mortise and tenon
joints and dovetailed drawers on my jigsaw bench. I never got around to
replacing the table saw bench, and now I wasn't too interested in
making a piece of furniture, so it is rather utilitarian compared to my
other benches, but it works. I probably should have been less lazy about
it, since now that I think about it, my tool stands will be in my face
forever while most of the stuff you make is gone when it's finished.

I have more and larger pictures of it on Flickr.com...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23915904@N04/sets/

Oh, I have some cat pictures on there as well:-)

I like your DC separator and the shop made connectors/blast gates.. very clever!

Thanks Mac, they work quite well. I think they are my design, but that
was around 30 years ago so who knows. My 2 big recent discoveries were
the Fernco adapters that perfectly reduce the 3" pipe to the 2 1/8" hose
from an old shop vac and the rubber roof vents I use under the saw and
jointer to hook up the pipe. The vents fit 3" or 4" pvc and are
available at Home Depot, or any place roofing supplies are sold I guess.

I have some notes about it on flickr.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com