Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb

Default Sharpening

Before I get too far into this I need, really need, to say, "It ain't my
fault!!!!" I have been married to a "Down-Easter" Scot for just over 42
years. Just proves that even an Irish spendthrift can go bad. :-)

Now that guilt is assuaged, I came across plans for a shop made version of
the "Wolverine" sharpening jig, in the light of the above disclaimer,I
thought, "Eighty bucks is eighty bucks," I thought I would give it a try.
The thingy that is causing a bit of a problem is the attachment that allows
the jig to sharpen "fingernail" grinds on bowl gouges (again "Fifty bucks
is fifty bucks). The instructions said the gouge should meet the wheel at
"70 degrees." How is that angle measured? Is that measured from the
tangent, through the center of the wheel, or . . . ?

Thanks

Deb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate

Deb
Try the holder on my site under the sharpening section. Yes I know it needs
an update and one of these days......

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb

Darrell Feltmate wrote:

Deb
Try the holder on my site under the sharpening section. Yes I know it
needs an update and one of these days......

Thanks, Darrell, yours is the one I was using. The sketch told me
everything I needed to know.

Thanks again

Deb