Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pre 1900's F.E. Reed metal lathe

In our possession is a really cool F.E. Reed metal lathe we are needing to
get rid of. Hate to part with it but need the space because our business
is growing. The link below is to our craigslist ad with pics. Would love
some info on this piece.
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/4694501193.html

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...he-604631-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I would buy it in a heartbeat, for the asking price, if I was local to
you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 08:06:47 -0500, Ignoramus15275
wrote:

I would buy it in a heartbeat, for the asking price, if I was local to
you.

Collecting antiques now, are you? g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article s.com,
Stacy wrote:

In our possession is a really cool F.E. Reed metal lathe we are needing to
get rid of. Hate to part with it but need the space because our business
is growing. The link below is to our craigslist ad with pics. Would love
some info on this piece.
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/4694501193.html

Well, if it's FE Reed and Co, I think that makes it a bit later (1880's
era) than my little guy, which is FE Reed, Makers (I also have a larger
1880's "& Co." lathe) I don't have much in the hard and fast info, but I
think being badged "Makers" put it 1860s and earlier. Not exactly
congruent with this...but it does not mention "Makers"

http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex...l.aspx?id=1012

FS: Toolroom Lathe, Southbend - $1900 (Eglin AFB) technomaNge Metalworking 0 June 30th 08 01:22 AM
Reed lathe -- looking for comments ni1d Metalworking 2 July 19th 07 05:32 PM
old FE Reed lathe FS in Houston bill Metalworking 0 March 12th 06 05:48 PM
F.E. Reed Lathe shtechie Metalworking 7 November 15th 05 02:04 PM
Reed Prentice 14 x 30 lathe questions hambone Metalworking 0 January 6th 05 10:10 AM