Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 15:10:45 -0800, Jack Skolasky
wrote:

On 1/9/2012 2:13 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 14:49:27 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/9/2012 2:25 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 1/6/2012 3:21 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:11:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into schools while
Caucasians with higher test scores and qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The same thing has
been happening in the work force for many years. o_O

TDD

In a single word: Nepotism

...nepotism in the workplace

It's called racial preference (or sexual or ethnic or whatever.) It's
what the left have renamed affirmative action after that latter term
deservedly became obscene.

Note that schools don't do this because they're ordered to do it by the
government. They do it because they're in the iron grip of left-wing
"multi-culti" administrators who believe in it - who drank deeply from
the "diversity" Kool-Aid vat.

Schools have said, and courts have agreed with them, that the schools
have an "interest" in having a "diverse" student body in particular
programs at particular schools - say, the University of Michigan law
school. So, even though blacks simply don't meet the objective criteria
for admission to the law school, the school admissions committee,
operating under the *normative* belief that it is "good" if there blacks
in the school roughly in the same percentage as the percentage of blacks
in the general population, will admit some low-GPA, low-LSAT blacks
while necessarily rejecting some whites and Asians who scored higher and
are more likely to complete their degrees. This happens at undergraduate
schools, too.

California's most excellent Proposition 209, passed overwhelmingly by
the voters in 1996, was supposed to forbid any consideration of race,
ethnicity, sex, national origin, or all the usual left-wing
identity-politics bull**** criteria, in university admissions or any
other aspect of California state administration. It has worked well, but
the left-wing racists are seeking to overturn it, and that asshole
Moonbeam Brown supports their efforts, signing a letter to the
Marxist-dominated 9th Circuit court asking them to overturn Prop 209.

A famous Black minister once said something to the effect that he
dreamed for a day when a man would be judged by the content of his
character and not the color of his skin. I remember some nut shot him. o_O

TDD

In fact..it was a Democrat that shot him.

There is no evidence Ray was a Democrat. Also, King was not a
Republican, contrary to idiot far-right bull****.

At that time, it didn't make much difference. There were lots of
Dixiecrats and other conservative Southern Democrats around, who were
just beginning to switch to the Republican Party.

And Ray was a volunteer for George Wallace's campaign. The one thing
that's sure about Ray is that he was a stinking racist pig. There is
no relationship between his politics and what happened to the
Democratic Party after Nixon's Southern Strategy, which amounted to an
elimination of almost all conservative Democrats and a consolidation
of the old northern liberal Democrats. Only a few old-time members of
Congress hung on as Democrats. When Reagan managed a new coalition,
even many of the blue-collar unionists switched to the Republicans.

Gunner knows all this, BTW. He just doesn't care about the truth, only
about the twisted factoids that reinforce his deceitful narratives.

--
Ed Huntress