Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default please check syntax error (grammar mistakes) for me

Then there is the case of the cast iron pipe from China.
It is junk metal.

When I welded with Nickel rod (naturally) some pipe flanges the
Chinese flanges seemed full of air or light metal - they slumped.
When welding the same size and shape from an American foundry
they held their shape and welded nicely.

Quality reminds me of the other tigers as they entered the market.
Except China seems to be more egotistical and costs our children their
lives or memory cells and other ill re-designed / fraud - changes to spec.

India took many of the jobs - so much so that India is pumping up the
Universities to make more engineers for the number of placements there.

I think that is a sick concept. Fine for them, but when China says Hell No
what will we do ?
What about their ICBM program ? Space Program ? Nuke Program ?

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:44:52 -0500, "Songsmith"
wrote:

As for China as a nation, many U.S. manufacturing jobs were eliminated here
and sent to China by greedy corporations whose only interest was in putting
more money in their own pockets.

Isnt the job of corporations to make money, for both the stockholders
and managment?

When your competitor off shores his work, and then undercuts your
prices, you have two choices.
1. Offshore your manufacturing
2. Have a big auction and go out of business.

Do you see a viable 3rd alternative?

Gunner