These are good prices for VFDs

Old February 20th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default These are good prices for VFDs

Greetings All,
One of the industry publications I recieve is Indrustrial Equipment
News (IEN). Looking through it this morning I notice the best pricing
I've seen for new Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) are the ones made
by TECO. Automation Direct has only one or two VFDs as inexpensive as
the ones offered by TECO. Usually I buy stuff for automation, like
industrial push buttons and enclosures for the buttons, from
Automation Direct. The Teco VFDs have a few less features, like not
being able to set the frequency above 200 Hz, than the Automation
Direct ones. But it's unlikely that anyone reading this would use a
higher frequency than 120 Hz. One nice feature of the TECO VFDs is the
ability to change the carrier frequency in 8 steps to eliminate
noise. The lowest priced TECO VFDs are listed below. These all come
with a two year warranty.

Part # HP Input Voltage Output Voltage Price
FM50-1P2-C 0.25 115V, 1 PH 230V, 3 PH $99
FM50-1P5-C 0.5 115V, 1 PH 230V, 3 PH $105
FM50-101-C 1.0 115V, 1PH 230V, 3 PH $120
FM50-2P2-C 0.25 230V, 1 PH 230V, 3 PH $99
FM50-2P5-OC 0.5 230V, 1 PH 230V, 3 PH $105
FM50-201-OC 1.0 230V, 1 PH 230V, 3 PH $119
FM50-202-C 2.0 230V, 1/ 3 PH 230V, 3 PH $145
FM50-203-C 3.0 230V, 1/ 3 PH 230V, 3 PH $185

For a price comaparison, ENCO has a Phase-A-Matic 1 to 3 HP static
phase converter for $91. For 30 more dollars you can run your 1 HP
motor at full HP and with variable speed. For double the price you can
run a 3 HP motor. The VFD is a much better solution, in my opinion, to
a static converter, and is well worth the extra $90.
Go to this web site, www.factorymation.com, to see all the specs,
the manuals, and to order. I have nothing to do with either IEN or
FactoryMation. These prices just looked real good for brand new VFDs
with two year warranties.
Cheers,
Eric R Snow,
E T Precision Machine
Old February 20th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
[...]

dealerselectric also has pretty decent prices on Teco drives

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 02:06 PM
Delonghi Radiators - Good make? Also Prices? htmark98 UK diy 3 January 4th 06 07:00 PM
FS: Brand New Mobile Phones At Very Good Prices Elvis Blue UK diy 2 October 28th 05 03:05 PM
Energy prices and switching off of oil heat Tman Home Repair 3 August 29th 05 04:55 PM
Design - Cultural Factors charlieb Woodworking 4 July 28th 03 08:51 PM