Posted to uk.d-i-y
htmark98

Default Delonghi Radiators - Good make? Also Prices?

Hi i went to Cityplumbing this morning to price up a few radiators, i
was very surprised at the price.

1200x400 Dbl list price £228.46 & 400x800 £152.32 = £398.28 (inc
vat)

Discount of 76.50% :shock:

Total inc vat £105.16

Was very surprised but this is the normal for basic rads, but are these
a better make than you can buy at Screwfix and B&Q?

Also would they give me that discount (if i ask nice) off all the
things i need?

Copper pipes, joints, solder etc or are these cheaper elsewhere even
with the discount?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

On 4 Jan 2006 07:33:27 -0800, "htmark98"
wrote:

Hi i went to Cityplumbing this morning to price up a few radiators, i
was very surprised at the price.

1200x400 Dbl list price £228.46 & 400x800 £152.32 = £398.28 (inc
vat)

Discount of 76.50% :shock:

Total inc vat £105.16

Was very surprised but this is the normal for basic rads, but are these
a better make than you can buy at Screwfix and B&Q?

Also would they give me that discount (if i ask nice) off all the
things i need?

Copper pipes, joints, solder etc or are these cheaper elsewhere even
with the discount?

At trade counters just ask for discout, know what the cheepest online
price is (don't forget P&P), and be prepared to walk away. My local BM
will match others on some stuff, and not on other stuff (this is the
con, they do good prices once, then you go back, and think you are
getting good prices - but you are not). If they know you have a big
need for stuff, they will want you to come back and back. If you are a
"total pratt", don't expect discount - they don't want you. In some
places a big set of "assets" and a low cut top helps, in others it
works against you. Basically its a game you have to learn to play.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
htmark98

thanks for the tip, yeah i get a discount at my loal builders yard as
go there all the time for things around the house and garden and always
cheaper than the 'Sheds'. But i have found that the little bits are
cheaper online.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

On 4 Jan 2006 07:33:27 -0800, "htmark98" wrote:

Was very surprised but this is the normal for basic rads, but are these
a better make than you can buy at Screwfix and B&Q?

I haven't tried their radiators but all the various Delonghi domestic
appliances I've ever bought (from fan heaters by the dozen to chip
fryers) have given long and reliable service.

more money David Woodworking 1 December 7th 05 09:36 PM
FS: Brand New Mobile Phones At Very Good Prices Elvis Blue UK diy 2 October 28th 05 02:05 PM
Please help - to microbore or not...? Rebecca UK diy 17 August 21st 03 04:05 PM