Default Unique Spoon Ring *please help!*

My girlfriend bought a really unique spoon ring from a homeless man in
San Francisco that was actually made from the "bowl" portion of the
spoon to make a really wide full-digit ring. She had the ring for a
long time, absolutely loved it, and I don't think she ever left home
without putting it on.
Anyway, recently she accidentally flushed it down the toilet in a
public restroom and was in tears.
I have not been able to find anything like this ring anywhere, so I am
on a hunt to find someone who can create a "replica" of this ring. I
imagine it would be incredibly simple to make since it is very plain
and appears to have been a regular sterling silver spoon "bowl" that
was
pounded flat and then curved into a ladies size ring. I was going to
attempt to do this myself, but lack the tools and the know-how.

Does anybody know of someone who would be interested in taking on this
project? I would be happy to pay for the time and materials (as well
as any materials required). I also apologize if this is not the forum
to post this sort of request and would greatly appreciate some info on
where I might turn to ask my question.

If there is anybody interested in this project, I will be happy to
send a picture where you can sort of see the
ring on her hand. It's not a very good picture, but at least you can
kind of get an idea of how wide and thick the ring is.
Thanks in advance!
Leo Lichtman

"J" wrote: My girlfriend bought a really unique spoon ring from a
homeless man in San Francisco that was actually made from the "bowl" portion
of the spoon to make a really wide full-digit ring(clip)
^^^^^^^^^
Do you guys still live in the Bay Area? I live in El Cerrito, and I love
projects like this. I am not a silversmith, but I have lots of experience
tinkering around with small metal projects, including making jewelry out of
steel.

Jeff Wisnia

I could probably do it for you if you gave me a sketch of what it should
look like in addition to that photo you mentiond, and your lady's ring
size. Maybe a little better fit would help prevent future toilet fiascos.

I've made a fair number of artsy fartsy things out of old silverware in my
day ... Like this one:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/spoons.jpg

And as long as I'm uploading pictures, here's one I shot under the dining
room table yesterday morning. I'm thinking of calling it,

"Survey shows automation increasing in feline industry."

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/mousetrapA.jpg

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

Adding Socketds Roger UK diy 9 March 18th 04 12:47 AM
Ring mains and consumer unit David UK diy 2 January 14th 04 05:36 PM
Is my main socket ring too big? Paul UK diy 24 November 25th 03 10:03 PM