Jeff Dantzler

Default Help IDing old post vise

I have been looking for a post vise for a while and bought this
one yesterday 2 miles from my house. I got it for $100 and a
chain vise was included in the deal.

Here are some pics:

http://www.drizzle.com/~dantzler/ima.../postvise1.JPG
http://www.drizzle.com/~dantzler/ima.../postvise2.JPG
http://www.drizzle.com/~dantzler/ima.../postvise3.JPG

It has 5" jaws and probably weighs 60 lb.

Can any one help me figure out how old it is.
The marks (2nd pic) are farily cryptic to me although
I understand that many weren't marked. It looks forged and
not cast.

Now I need to figure out how to take it apart and get it
cleaned and lubed.

Thanks.

Jeff Dantzler