HotRod

Default Odd Bandsaw Blade size 80'

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

willshak

On 1/7/2005 9:00 AM US(ET), HotRod took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

This would be best posted in news:rec.woodworking , where almost all
have bandsaws.

--
Bill
Duane Bozarth

willshak wrote:

On 1/7/2005 9:00 AM US(ET), HotRod took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

Many online sources--amazon is one place to start. Of course, Sears has
blades for these as well.
Duane Bozarth

Duane Bozarth wrote:

willshak wrote:

....looking for 80" bandsaw blades...
...as well as some really fine 30+ tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

Woodworker's Supply (www.woodworker.com) is another...but I don't know
you'll find a source for such really fine tooth thingies
pre-made...won't say you can't, but I don't know where to tell you to
look.

Jim M

Hot Rod....no need to look too hard... Go to a welding shop and ask themn
where they get there bulk saw blades from. In most cases they buy band saw
blades in bulk lengths. They cut the length they need and silver solder them
together. I am in the welding trade and have done it many times. Jim

willshak wrote:

On 1/7/2005 9:00 AM US(ET), HotRod took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out
recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I
was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really
fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

Many online sources--amazon is one place to start. Of course, Sears has
blades for these as well.

Roger Shoaf

Start with the saw sharpening shops in your area. They buy the stuff by the
roll and cut it to fit.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"HotRod" wrote in message
This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I

was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine

30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

ianto

wrote:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

80 inch wood cutting blades for Sears band saws are sold by Lee Valley
Tools. They have five stores in Ontario or you can order on-line at
www.leevally.com

Mike Capel

capel AT mb DOT sympatico DOT ca
ianto

wrote:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

Spelling mistake in my previous post.
Web address for Lee Valley Tools is www.leevalley.com

Joe Bobst

I was wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades,

Any machine shop will have a band saw which will usually have a built in
grinding/welding gadget for blades on the side. Machinists need this in order
to make inside cuts. You could probably ask them to make up several blades for
you if no other ready made sources can be found. Good luck.

Joe

Jim Elbrecht

wrote:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

How bad do they hit you to ship to Canada? www.sears.com has a
pretty good selection of 80" blades.

Just search from that page for
bandsaw blades 80

Jim

Bob Bowles

Suffolk Machinery in New York makes any size blade though don't know
what their shipping limits are. Try 1-800-234-SAWS

"HotRod" wrote in message
This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I

was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine

30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

THANKS

HotRod

ENDED UP ordering from TuffTooth I managed to get 12 great blades at the
perfect size and have affixed the website and contact information to the
outside of the Bandsaw in case I need more in the future. THANKS never
thought of Princess Auto

glassmaster

willshak wrote:

On 1/7/2005 9:00 AM US(ET), HotRod took fingers to keys, and typed

the
following:

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out
recently
when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade

size. I
was
wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario

that
carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some

really
fine 30+
tpi for cutting thin aluminium.

Many online sources--amazon is one place to start. Of course, Sears

has
blades for these as well.

I have a 'wet' bandsaw that uses diamond blades, i'm told when they
break, they can be silver soldered. The charge is about $30 to have
ONE blade repaired.... my husband says he can silver solder. Is there
a special technique for silver soldering a diamond blade? thanks .....

--
glassmaster
glassmaster's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=86

Rob Mills

I have a 'wet' bandsaw that uses diamond blades, i'm told when they
break, they can be silver soldered. The charge is about $30 to have
ONE blade repaired.... my husband says he can silver solder. Is there
a special technique for silver soldering a diamond blade? thanks .....

Run a web search for " Bandsaw Blade Welding Jig ". I've seen jigs and plans
to make jigs for sale for welding blades. RM~