Rich

Default vacuum cleaners.... I've gone through 3 eurekas already !

OK, besides the $500.00+ Dyson, what vacuum will hold up for more than a
year?!?!? Good God ! The best buy warranty ends if they give you a new
one. That one has now failed as well.

Any suggestions on a good long term Vacuum? PLEASE !?!?!?!?!?!

bl

"Rich" wrote in news:KKePd.27267$uc.10703@trnddc03:

OK, besides the $500.00+ Dyson, what vacuum will hold up for more than a
year?!?!?

Meile, but they make the Dyson look cheap ...
Edwin Pawlowski

"Rich" wrote in message
OK, besides the $500.00+ Dyson, what vacuum will hold up for more than a
year?!?!? Good God ! The best buy warranty ends if they give you a new
one. That one has now failed as well.

Any suggestions on a good long term Vacuum? PLEASE !?!?!?!?!?!

We have an Electrolux that is 20 years old and I just put a new hose on it.
The Hoover is about 6 years old and is as good as the day it was bought. I
don't know if those companies are still maintaining the same quality though.

Tony Hwang

Rich wrote:
OK, besides the $500.00+ Dyson, what vacuum will hold up for more than a
year?!?!? Good God ! The best buy warranty ends if they give you a new
one. That one has now failed as well.

Any suggestions on a good long term Vacuum? PLEASE !?!?!?!?!?!

Hmm,
Something wrong having a built-in vacuum?
Tony
Kathy

"Rich" wrote in message
OK, besides the $500.00+ Dyson, what vacuum will hold up for more than a
year?!?!? Good God ! The best buy warranty ends if they give you a new
one. That one has now failed as well.

Any suggestions on a good long term Vacuum? PLEASE !?!?!?!?!?!

I have dirt devil I bought in '92. It still works great but I have no hairy
pets in the house; just a short-haired cat.

Lou G

Boy, they must not make them like they used to. I have a eureka bought
back in '89 and it still works like a champ. Never had one problem with
it.
I do feel bag style units are the way to go over bagless but that's
only my opinion.

Lou G

--
Lou G
Lou G's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=43

m Ransley

What burnt out ???

Unknown

If you are having such bad luck I might look to see how your using the
vacumn.
Are you vacumning lots of hair, bolts, rocks, automobiles, etc.. Unlikely
you are doing such a thing.
Does your bag get filled fast and maybe this is causing the motor to work to
hard?

I might in your case, go to a used vacumn cleaner store and buy a used old
vacumn.
See what they have to offer and check online and see what brands are known
for quality.
I believe the new vacs are crap in long term usage and in performance. If
your not
having luck with the new stuff, I would think out of the box and try
something used which
was made 15-20 yrs ago.

"Rich" wrote in message
OK, besides the $500.00+ Dyson, what vacuum will hold up for more than a
year?!?!? Good God ! The best buy warranty ends if they give you a new
one. That one has now failed as well.

Any suggestions on a good long term Vacuum? PLEASE !?!?!?!?!?!

Ken

Rich wrote:
OK, besides the $500.00+ Dyson, what vacuum will hold up for more

than a
year?!?!? Good God ! The best buy warranty ends if they give you a

new
one. That one has now failed as well.

Any suggestions on a good long term Vacuum? PLEASE !?!?!?!?!?!

Find an old Hoover at a garage sale. I have my mother's vacuum which
is probably about 40 years old, and it still works fine. I replace the
drive belt occassionally, and I replaced the beater bar a couple years
ago (parts are still available from the local vacuum cleaner repair
store).

Ken