Remodeling bathroom, which order to install things?

Old January 21st 05, 07:43 AM
Miki

Default Remodeling bathroom, which order to install things?

I have torn my bathroom down to the joists and subfloor. Which order
is SOP for installing tub, tile walls and tile floor?

I'd like to do the tile wall first, but something tells me that the tub
should go in prior so I can install the wall backerboard and tile so it
doesn't rest on the edge of the tub.
Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Old January 21st 05, 01:34 PM
[email protected]

Tile Council of America web site has installation instructions.
Pay close attention to the shape of your tub edge where itis to meet
the wall.
TB

Old January 21st 05, 07:18 PM
Charles Spitzer

"Miki" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have torn my bathroom down to the joists and subfloor. Which order
is SOP for installing tub, tile walls and tile floor?

I'd like to do the tile wall first, but something tells me that the tub
should go in prior so I can install the wall backerboard and tile so it
doesn't rest on the edge of the tub.
Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

tub. tile walls. tile floor. install cabinets/toilet.

Bathroom fans improperly vented jeff Home Repair 11 June 4th 04 06:30 PM
OT-213 things....(spew alert) Gunner Metalworking 0 April 17th 04 01:00 PM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 08:38 PM
Veritas twin-screw vise install report Mike in Mystic Woodworking 14 November 27th 03 06:11 PM