Termidor, how long to kill termites?

Old April 29th 04, 12:46 AM
M.T.

Default Termidor, how long to kill termites?

My house is under maintenance contract with Terminix from a past
termite treatment done by a previous owner. We had termite swarms each
year for the past 4 years. Each year Terminix found no evidence that
the termites were in the house. A long story short, this year I found
damaged drywall in my living room ceiling and a live termite in the
damage area.

Terminix said that they would retreat the area of my front porch and
have a contrator out to open the wall and determine what repairs are
needed. Today the re-treatment was done with Termidor. However, I am
still waiting to hear from the Terminix contractor on when they can
come out. I am worried that if it takes too long for the contractor to
check things out, the re-treatment will have killed any active
termites in the wall and Terminix will try to say that all the damage
is old and refuse to do repairs. The Terminix manager said not to
worry that the chemical takes 60 90 days to kill all of the
termites. Does this sound accurate? How long can I expect termites to
remain active in the house after Termidor treatment?

Looking for long HICKORY flooring boards (6'-8') Shawn Home Repair 0 April 20th 04 12:45 AM
How long for brick mortar to dry? eggs Home Repair 2 March 15th 04 09:47 PM
Silent thermostat Dave Gibson UK diy 13 January 5th 04 12:02 PM
Long post about boilers and stuff - with too many questions....! Simon Hawthorne UK diy 11 January 4th 04 10:06 AM