Joe

Default Humidifier recommendation for furnace.

What is the best humidifier I can buy for my furnace that will cover a 2750
square foot ranch house?
Thank you all for your recommendations.

TimS

I wired up 1 of these http://www.carelusa.com/homesteam.htm for a friend.
It's a home steam generator, comes with a flow switch to sense the HVAC fan,
diagnostics, dumps when water gets bad.
Nice machine.

"Joe" wrote in message
What is the best humidifier I can buy for my furnace that will cover a

2750
square foot ranch house?
Thank you all for your recommendations.

William Morris

Why?

"Brad" wrote in message
In article %KHEb.88458$8y1.292208@attbi_s52, said...
What is the best humidifier I can buy for my furnace that will cover a

2750
square foot ranch house?

My recommendation is to not have one at all. I would never put one in my
house.

m Ransley

April Air has a unit that monitors outside temperature and keeps
humidity at the optimal point you set, Set it once to when you get
condensation, back it off and thats it, its set. Steam units waist
electricity and can be bad for duct work, - rusting.

HeatMan

"m Ransley" wrote in message
April Air has a unit that monitors outside temperature and keeps
humidity at the optimal point you set, Set it once to when you get
condensation, back it off and thats it, its set. Steam units waist
electricity and can be bad for duct work, - rusting.

I'll argue that one with you.

Honeywell makes an excellant one. It costs 3 time the Aprilair units,
though.

m Ransley

I wasnt aware the honywell adjusted humidity automaticly, but at 3 x
the cost maybe that is why my instaler didnt recomend it. The April Air
was plenty expensive.

CBhvac

"Joe" wrote in message
What is the best humidifier I can buy for my furnace that will cover a

2750
square foot ranch house?
Thank you all for your recommendations.

Honeywell, or Aprilaire.

The ones we sell are Aprilaire...York rebadges the Aprilaire models for us
if we are doing a high end system and want the fancy labels to match...but
they work and when sized to the system, with a humidistat, work well.

alt-hvac Moderated

My boss and I installed Aprilaire 600 units for the three years I was
working with him. They were dependable, and a good design.

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"Joe" wrote in message
What is the best humidifier I can buy for my furnace that will cover a 2750
square foot ranch house?
Thank you all for your recommendations.

HeatMan

I may have missed something, but the HW doesn't adjust automatically. I
does get the humidity in the house correctly.

My AA 550 runs all the time to try to get the house to 50% RH, and that is
using hot water across the panel.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
I wasnt aware the honywell adjusted humidity automaticly, but at 3 x
the cost maybe that is why my instaler didnt recomend it. The April Air
was plenty expensive.

m Ransley

I guess I missed it , my mistake, the HW at 3 x the price i thought
would have that feature. Then why is it so costly and so good.