black (dark wood) mulch

Old May 23rd 10, 02:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default black (dark wood) mulch

i recently had the landscaper mulch the beds. soon after we recieved a heavy
down pour which caused the mulch to streak down the hill. it appears to have
stained the lawn with what looks like a **** stain. when i went to rake it
back into the beds, i noticed the mulch has an oil like feel to it.
they don't "stain" mulch do they? they didn't take crap mulch and coat it
with something to make it look like dark hard wood mulch would they? this
crap even stained my hands after i scooped some up.

Old May 23rd 10, 02:29 PM posted to alt.home.repair

skeeter wrote the following:
i recently had the landscaper mulch the beds. soon after we recieved a
heavy down pour which caused the mulch to streak down the hill. it
appears to have stained the lawn with what looks like a **** stain.
when i went to rake it back into the beds, i noticed the mulch has an
oil like feel to it.
they don't "stain" mulch do they? they didn't take crap mulch and coat
it with something to make it look like dark hard wood mulch would
they? this crap even stained my hands after i scooped some up.

Most red and black mulch is dyed.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old May 23rd 10, 02:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"skeeter" wrote
they don't "stain" mulch do they? they didn't take crap mulch and coat it
with something to make it look like dark hard wood mulch would they? this
crap even stained my hands after i scooped some up.

They certainly do. Does th at color seem natural to you? So nice and even.

The future is rubber mulch. Cost more, but does not attract termites.
Weill last a lot longer too.

Old May 23rd 10, 03:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2010 8:29 AM, willshak wrote:
skeeter wrote the following:
i recently had the landscaper mulch the beds. soon after we recieved a
heavy down pour which caused the mulch to streak down the hill. it
appears to have stained the lawn with what looks like a **** stain.
when i went to rake it back into the beds, i noticed the mulch has an
oil like feel to it.
they don't "stain" mulch do they? they didn't take crap mulch and coat
it with something to make it look like dark hard wood mulch would
they? this crap even stained my hands after i scooped some up.

Most red and black mulch is dyed.

You forgot the blue mulch. When the pile colored wood chips around your
house to attract termites and bank mulch high around tree trunks to kill
them fad kicked in two places around here were also selling blue mulch.
Old May 23rd 10, 04:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote the following:
On 5/23/2010 8:29 AM, willshak wrote:
skeeter wrote the following:
i recently had the landscaper mulch the beds. soon after we recieved a
heavy down pour which caused the mulch to streak down the hill. it
appears to have stained the lawn with what looks like a **** stain.
when i went to rake it back into the beds, i noticed the mulch has an
oil like feel to it.
they don't "stain" mulch do they? they didn't take crap mulch and coat
it with something to make it look like dark hard wood mulch would
they? this crap even stained my hands after i scooped some up.

Most red and black mulch is dyed.

You forgot the blue mulch. When the pile colored wood chips around
your house to attract termites and bank mulch high around tree trunks
to kill them fad kicked in two places around here were also selling
blue mulch.

I never saw blue, or any other color dyed mulch than the red and black,
where I live. We have the red mulch around our property. I put it down
and I have the stained gloves and clothes to prove it. My wife wants to
go with the black mulch this year. I would rather spend the extra money
and get the black rubber mulch.
It doesn't disintegrate, so you don't have to replace it every year, and
it won't float away in heavy rain. Being heavier, I would probably be
able to clean the debris off it easier with a leaf blower.

Old May 23rd 10, 06:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2010 10:28:44 -0400, willshak wrote:

George wrote the following:
[...]

Rubber mulch is *very* expensive. Stone is cheaper, though I decided on
un-dyed bark nuggets for this year. I did get a rubber mulch mat to go around
a cherry tree I planted earlier this year, threw a few bark nuggets on top to
make it look like the rest of the beds (still have a *lot* to do).
Old May 25th 10, 07:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ch-443432-.htm
rubberecycle wrote:
What company did you get it from? I am looking into buying Rubber Mulch
for my yard. My children loved it. My neighbor recently got from
www.rubbermulch.com and we had afew rain storms and there was no trace of
running paint. It didn't blow away in the wind and rain. I just want to
make sure you didn't get it from them. She seems really happy with it! and
Sorry about your rubber mulch

Old May 26th 10, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On May 23, 7:34*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"skeeter" wrote

they don't "stain" mulch do they? they didn't take crap mulch and coat it
with something to make it look like dark hard wood mulch would they? *this
crap even stained my hands after i scooped some up.

They certainly do. *Does th at color seem natural to you? So nice and even.

The future is rubber mulch. *Cost more, but does not attract termites.
Weill last a lot longer too.

And it feed the dirt and worms too, it degrades into, rubber!
Old May 26th 10, 03:46 AM posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote the following:
[...]

I'd like to shoot the guy who mulched all my beds with stone. It's a
huge PITA to plant anything new, weeding is a painful nightmare, and
you can never get the roots, so it's a constant nightmare, too. I've
been working for almost 5 years to get rid of the stones, which is
also turning out to be a big headache. And incidentally, if you're
mulching a young tree, they outgrow the rubber rings pretty readily,
with the roots heaving them up and creating a nice gap to get caught
by the mower.
Old May 26th 10, 06:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 May 2010 18:46:45 -0700 (PDT), Jo Ann wrote:

George wrote the following:
[...]

If you're having trouble weeding you don't have enough stone.

And incidentally, if you're
mulching a young tree, they outgrow the rubber rings pretty readily,
with the roots heaving them up and creating a nice gap to get caught
by the mower.

"Outgrow"? How so? The thing is 3' around.