Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Puck Board

I've built a shower enclosure using puck board but find that silicon
sealant will not adhear to it. Any suggestions please on this problem
please. Tx.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jesse wrote:
I've built a shower enclosure using puck board but find that silicon
sealant will not adhear to it. Any suggestions please on this problem
please. Tx.

http://eclecticproducts.com/marine.htm

It's also available in a 10oz cartridge (for a caulking gun).
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 23, 12:11*am, Jesse wrote:
I've built a shower enclosure using puck board but find that silicon
sealant will not adhear to it. Any suggestions please on this problem
please. Tx.

Call manufacturer's customer service for help. They may have a
proprietary adhesive that will work just great. However, having used
the silicone sealant you will continue to have severe adhesion
problems every place you used it. The general rule is, silicones stick
well to other silicones, but nothing else ever does.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 23, 1:11*am, Jesse wrote:
I've built a shower enclosure using puck board but find that silicon
sealant will not adhear to it. Any suggestions please on this problem
please. Tx.

I believe you cant use caulks that contain more than about 20%
silicone with poly boards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:17:31 -0800 (PST), beecrofter
wrote:

On Nov 23, 1:11*am, Jesse wrote:
I've built a shower enclosure using puck board but find that silicon
sealant will not adhear to it. Any suggestions please on this problem
please. Tx.

I believe you cant use caulks that contain more than about 20%
silicone with poly boards.

Thanks for the opinions, I'll use a sample piece and try different
sealants to experiment. With other than silicon I'd be afraid of
mildew growth. Jesse

puck lights in kitchen Bert Christensen Home Ownership 1 September 27th 06 04:04 AM
Puck Light wiring Phil Cav Home Repair 7 August 11th 06 04:26 AM
Inside cabinet puck lights Kristen Woodworking 5 August 5th 06 06:55 AM
New Condensate Pump, add one of those ammonia hocky puck things you use in toilet tanks? [email protected] Home Repair 9 December 11th 05 06:08 PM
xenon puck lights Tim Fischer Home Repair 0 September 22nd 05 03:30 AM