Toilet Trapway size ?

Old August 5th 08, 07:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

Default Toilet Trapway size ?

I have a kohler toilet and I often have to plunge it, at least once a week.
It seems to plug easily without any abnormal use.

I am looking at getting a new toilet and notice that trapway sizes are often
listed.

Will a larger trapway prevent a toilet from clogging? I see that toto
toilets that I am looking at have a 2 1/8 " trapway. another toilet that I
am looking at lists the trapway being 1 3/4 " minimum

Old August 5th 08, 09:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Aug 5, 2:49*pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
I have a kohler toilet and I often have to plunge it, at least once a week.
It seems to plug easily without any abnormal use.

I am looking at getting a new toilet and notice that trapway sizes are often
listed.

Will a larger trapway prevent a toilet from clogging? *I see that toto
toilets that I am looking at have a 2 1/8 " trapway. *another toilet that I
am looking at lists the trapway being 1 3/4 " minimum

There are a number of factors and trap size is important. However
sometimes too big is bad as it can mean less force from the water.
Generally larger is better however.

Also important is a "fully glazed" trap. That is always a good
thing.

Even after all that there are a number of little changes in size
and shape of the bowl size of valve etc all together make for serious
differences in performance.

Old August 6th 08, 12:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

good way to get something down your plumbing you don't want down your
plumbing..... (like toys)

Old August 6th 08, 12:50 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

On Aug 5, 7:43�pm, "Steve Barker DLT"
wrote:
good way to get something down your plumbing you don't want down your
plumbing..... �(like toys)

"Don & Lucille" wrote in et...

American standard has a new toilet out called CHAMPION has a 3" trap- Hide quoted text -

unless you drop BIG HARD ONES
Old August 6th 08, 03:17 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

"Tube Audio" wrote in message

I have a kohler toilet and I often have to plunge it, at least once a
week. It seems to plug easily without any abnormal use.

I am looking at getting a new toilet and notice that trapway sizes are
often listed.

Will a larger trapway prevent a toilet from clogging? I see that toto
toilets that I am looking at have a 2 1/8 " trapway. another toilet that
I am looking at lists the trapway being 1 3/4 " minimum

Check out the American Standard Champion. I saw a demo on Modern Marvels
Bathroom Tech and nothing got stuck in it.
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/t...h/default.aspx

Old August 8th 08, 05:13 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction

" wrote in
:

wrote:
good way to get something down your plumbing you don't want down your
plumbing..... �(like toys)

"Don & Lucille" wrote in
messagenews:4898be3d$0$

American standard has a new toilet out called CHAMPION has a 3"
trap- H

ide quoted text -

unless you drop BIG HARD ONES

Can start naming those logs like The General Sherman and General Grant.