Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Light Bulb full of Water ????

I was cleaning up around an old building on my propery. There is a lot
of debris scatterred around from the previous owner.

Anyhow, I found am old (incandescant) lightbulb outside, and it's half
full of water. There is no crack in the glass. The threaded base was
partly pointing upward, so I assume the water entered thru the base, but
I know that even inside the base, the bulb's glass is supposed to be air
tight. I'm just curious how the water got inside?

And most amazing, is how the glass did not crack during the winter, when
the water froze....

Too bad the filament is gone, or I'd be tempted to apply power to it,
just to see what would happen!