Honeywell Chronotherm III batteries

Old December 17th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honeywell Chronotherm III batteries

I feel like a dolt. My device is flashing to change the batteries, but I
can't figure out how to open the case to get to them. Does it open from
the bottom? from the top? from one side? I've tried using gentle force
but nothing gives and I don't want to break the plastic. Thanks for
helping.

--
wiley285
Old December 17th 07, 10:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 17, 2:42 pm, wiley285
wrote:
I feel like a dolt. My device is flashing to change the batteries, but I
can't figure out how to open the case to get to them. Does it open from
the bottom? from the top? from one side? I've tried using gentle force
but nothing gives and I don't want to break the plastic. Thanks for
helping.

--
wiley285

What kind of device do you have?

www.planorealestate.com
Old December 17th 07, 11:42 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:42:09 +0000, wiley285
wrote:

I feel like a dolt. My device is flashing to change the batteries, but I
can't figure out how to open the case to get to them. Does it open from
the bottom? from the top? from one side? I've tried using gentle force
but nothing gives and I don't want to break the plastic. Thanks for
helping.

Well, here's a manual:
http://www.gogeisel.com/geiselonline...well/T8621.pdf

And it says:

1 Loosen the two captive screws at the bottom corners of the case
2 Pull the thermostat out from the bottom.
3 Lift the thermostat up and off the base.

Paul F.