MayTag Dishwasher Control Panel doesnt work

Old March 14th 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default MayTag Dishwasher Control Panel doesnt work

We use our dishwasher only about once every 2 weeks.
Yesterday, it refused to work.
The HEAVY CYCLE button would light, but not the NORMAL, LIGHT, or
RINSE buttons.

Pressing the START button and nothing happens.

On the right side the Lock and Dry buttons would light if the heavy
cycle button was lit.

I tried latching and relatching the door, but nothing happened.

any ideas?

I tried opening up the door to inspect the control panel, but after
removing the back panel, I don't know how to get to the control panel

THANKS

Old March 14th 07, 07:42 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Japple wrote:
We use our dishwasher only about once every 2 weeks.
Yesterday, it refused to work.
The HEAVY CYCLE button would light, but not the NORMAL, LIGHT, or
RINSE buttons.

Pressing the START button and nothing happens.

On the right side the Lock and Dry buttons would light if the heavy
cycle button was lit.

I tried latching and relatching the door, but nothing happened.

any ideas?

I tried opening up the door to inspect the control panel, but after
removing the back panel, I don't know how to get to the control panel

THANKS

First, see if its listed as a recall item he
https://repair.maytag.com/repair/dis...iteCd=MT_EN_US
--
Grandpa
Old March 15th 07, 01:59 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, I checked, but no, it's not on recall...

Old March 17th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Mar 2007 12:17:38 -0700, "Japple"
wrote:

We use our dishwasher only about once every 2 weeks.
Yesterday, it refused to work.
The HEAVY CYCLE button would light, but not the NORMAL, LIGHT, or
RINSE buttons.

Pressing the START button and nothing happens.

Find the breaker, turn it off for 30 seconds and back on; sounds like
your dw crashed.
Old March 17th 07, 03:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We use our dishwasher only about once every 2 weeks.
Yesterday, it refused to work.
The HEAVY CYCLE button would light, but not the NORMAL, LIGHT, or
RINSE buttons.

Pressing the START button and nothing happens.

Find the breaker, turn it off for 30 seconds and back on; sounds like
your dw crashed.

You mean a breaker in the DW?/
where?

Old March 17th 07, 04:04 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Art

He means the dw breaker in your house circuit breaker box. I doubt it will
help but you might try cutting the circuit for a few minutes and then seeing
if the dw fixes itself. I had a 3 level Maytag DW that did the same thing
after 2 other repairs. We threw it in the trash.

ups.com...

Old March 17th 07, 03:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, Tried this, nothing...