Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 240V 4800W 30A thermostat available?

Hi folks,

I'm going to use a 240V 30A 4800W construction heater to heat my
garage. I'm looking for a thermostat for it.

A Honeywell response to a query was: "Honeywell does not currently
offer a manual or digital thermostat that is compatible with 4800 W
30A 240 V".

The Dimplex website indicates their 900 series; for example, the TD932
are rated at 240V 5000W for non-inductive (?) use. Would this work?

Any recommendations for a 4800W capable manual or digital thermostat
would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gary
Posted to alt.home.repair

"G Mulcaster" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I'm going to use a 240V 30A 4800W construction heater to heat my
garage. I'm looking for a thermostat for it.

A Honeywell response to a query was: "Honeywell does not currently
offer a manual or digital thermostat that is compatible with 4800 W
30A 240 V".

The Dimplex website indicates their 900 series; for example, the TD932
are rated at 240V 5000W for non-inductive (?) use. Would this work?

Any recommendations for a 4800W capable manual or digital thermostat
would be appreciated.

I added them to my baseboard heater a few years ago, 20a/240v. Can't tell
you what they were, but they were not expensive or hard to find.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I'm pretty sure your generic line voltage double pole heating thermostat is
good for 22 amps. If you needed more you could rig a low voltage thermostat
to an electric heat relay

"G Mulcaster" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I'm going to use a 240V 30A 4800W construction heater to heat my
garage. I'm looking for a thermostat for it.

A Honeywell response to a query was: "Honeywell does not currently
offer a manual or digital thermostat that is compatible with 4800 W
30A 240 V".

The Dimplex website indicates their 900 series; for example, the TD932
are rated at 240V 5000W for non-inductive (?) use. Would this work?

Any recommendations for a 4800W capable manual or digital thermostat
would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Posted to alt.home.repair

Get a cheap thermostat to control a 30A contactor relay designed with a
24vac transformer already mounted inside the box, or purchased separately.
--
-bye,
Rich

"Always do right - this will gratify some
....and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
"Toller" wrote in message

"G Mulcaster" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I'm going to use a 240V 30A 4800W construction heater to heat my
garage. I'm looking for a thermostat for it.

A Honeywell response to a query was: "Honeywell does not currently
offer a manual or digital thermostat that is compatible with 4800 W
30A 240 V".

The Dimplex website indicates their 900 series; for example, the TD932
are rated at 240V 5000W for non-inductive (?) use. Would this work?

Any recommendations for a 4800W capable manual or digital thermostat
would be appreciated.

I added them to my baseboard heater a few years ago, 20a/240v. Can't tell
you what they were, but they were not expensive or hard to find.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 03:12:25 GMT, G Mulcaster
wrote:

Any recommendations for a 4800W capable manual or digital thermostat
would be appreciated.

Thanks to all for the replies. Sounds like the relay system is the
way to go.

Regards, Gary

240V -> 208V -- How to? Jeff Dantzler Metalworking 9 October 4th 05 03:21 AM
Old Powermatic Model 30A Sander Parts Needed (The Table Assembly) Don Whipple Woodworking 0 September 23rd 05 11:47 AM
Would a 50A Dedicated Circuit Harm a 30A Appliance? aeneas1 Home Repair 6 April 11th 05 05:43 AM
electrical question on 30A outlet xrongor Woodworking 13 June 26th 04 05:22 AM
using 30A cable to supply 5A lighting circuit: good idea? dave L UK diy 3 October 7th 03 10:08 PM