Posted to alt.home.repair
Loz Loz is offline

Default Kitchen Sinks

We are installing a new kitchen and looking at under-mount sinks. I
have seen a few of these 'in use' and they never appear to look very
clean - esp. at the lip just under the bench. Does anyone know whether
these sinks can actually be cleaned properly or are we better to instal
a more functional drop-in sink ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

What kind of countertop material are you using ? I just installed an
undermount corian sink. There is no gap between the countertop and
sink. It is seemless. Looks great. I was going to go with a
different type of undermount.....stainless steel. It was less
expensive but the installation charge made the price almost the same as
the corian sink. I got it on sale at HD. I had been advised by many
to avoid undermount sinks with formica type countertops.
Loz wrote:
We are installing a new kitchen and looking at under-mount sinks. I
have seen a few of these 'in use' and they never appear to look very
clean - esp. at the lip just under the bench. Does anyone know whether
these sinks can actually be cleaned properly or are we better to instal
a more functional drop-in sink ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Loz wrote:
We are installing a new kitchen and looking at under-mount sinks. I
have seen a few of these 'in use' and they never appear to look very
clean - esp. at the lip just under the bench. Does anyone know whether
these sinks can actually be cleaned properly or are we better to instal
a more functional drop-in sink ?

I have a large rectangular single basin Blanco Magnum undermount sink
and it is a breeze to keep clean. Our counter edge is about flush with
the sink walls, so everything is very accessible for cleaning, but it
really doesn't need much cleaning since nothing sits there.... it's a
vertical surface, after all.

Perhaps if the sink was too shallow and you splash around a lot of
dirty water, then it might need more frequent cleaning.