Posted to alt.home.repair

Default floor boards cupped

I put down about 4000 feet of floor in my new house. It is oad in 2
1/4 , 3, and 4 inch widths. It is all over a crawl space. The wood was
allowed to acclimate prior to installation. We put down 15# felt paper
prior to the wood. Stapled it every 8-10 inches. The wood was then left
for a week or two before sanding. When we finished, it was perfectly
flat. Left it alone for a week prior to putting down a coat of sealer
and 3 coats of Bon Kemi MEGA.

After a couple of weeks the the edges of the board began to curl
upward. Not a lot, but enough to be noticable.

I suspect the crawl space, which is dry, but a bit humid. The bottom is
covered with viscuine that wraps up the sidesabout 12 inches. The
walls have 2 inches of pink foam board - which overlaps and covers the
edge of the vapor barrier. I don't know if the foam board is also a
vapor barrier. I have opened all the crawl space vents and am waiting
for winter to see if dry air will get rid of the problem.

Am I on the right track? If it does go away, what should I do to
prevent it next Spring?

Len

Posted to alt.home.repair

Idiot

wrote in message
oups.com...
dehumidifier

Empresser #124457

The best Games

[...]

Best way to fix a cupped leaf on an old Oak dining room table. [email protected] Woodworking 1 September 22nd 06 03:10 PM
Wood movement and cupped boards Lars S Woodworking 18 March 20th 05 06:44 PM
cupped boards Phisherman Woodworking 4 October 10th 04 04:22 PM
badly cupped boards brocpuffs Woodworking 4 July 27th 03 01:21 AM
linseed oil cupped boards how to straighten william kossack Woodworking 1 July 14th 03 02:06 PM