Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gluing plastic to meta

I need to glue plastic interior panel to metal frame door in my car.
What glue is the best for this task?

Posted to alt.home.repair

best could mean alot of things.

go look at henckel/locktite and find the appropriate one:

http://www.henkel.com/int_henkel/adh...0000&pageid=15

you can buy most of these from mcmaster.com or call and get a local
distributer.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Sasha wrote:
I need to glue plastic interior panel to metal frame door in my car.
What glue is the best for this task?

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Sasha wrote:
I need to glue plastic interior panel to metal frame door in my car.
What glue is the best for this task?

Well, if it's the interior door panel, I'd not glue it because now and
then you might want to remove it, so at least Velcro, if not whatever
the manufacturer's little snap fitting widgets.

I'm trying to figure out how to attach the plastic garnish molding to
the frame between the front and reat doors on my old Honda Civic, after
having the third one break off the two plastic mounting bosses where it
is screwed on. I'm leaning towards polyurethane, although that black
automotive molding glue is pretty tantalizing.

Meanwhile, the "upholstery" (foam and vinyl) on the glove compartment
door of the Volvo 240 fell off from just sitting in the sun. Looks like
it was attached with hot melt glue, which got hot and melted. ???? When
it's real hot the residue of the glue on the metal of the door is
liquid, when it's not that hot it's solid. I can't believe this is how
they do it, but this is a one owner car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sasha wrote:
I need to glue plastic interior panel to metal frame door in my car.
What glue is the best for this task?

The best way to attach plastic to metal is a mechanical fastener,
not glue.