Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning putty from faucet screens and aerator

"mrsgator88" wrote in message
Hi,

We recently had some plumbing work done for our bathroom sinks water
supply. Something that looks like plumbers putty got into the water lines
and clogged up the faucet screens and aerators.

The faucets are fancy imported ones and I couldn't find replacement
screens and aerators at the hardware store. While I'm waiting for new
ones to be mailed to me, I'm wondering, can the putty be dissolved
somehow? Is it poisonous? TIA,

Why can't you remove and clean them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in message
news

"mrsgator88" wrote in message
Hi,

We recently had some plumbing work done for our bathroom sinks water
supply. Something that looks like plumbers putty got into the water lines
and clogged up the faucet screens and aerators.

The faucets are fancy imported ones and I couldn't find replacement
screens and aerators at the hardware store. While I'm waiting for new
ones to be mailed to me, I'm wondering, can the putty be dissolved
somehow? Is it poisonous? TIA,

Why can't you remove and clean them?

I did remove the assembly. The "screen" is actually 6 layers of mesh, each
of which has putty jammed in. The aerator is a two part plastic piece.
And, there's two faucets. I spent some time trying to push the stuff out
with a needle and was getting nowhere fast. I'd much rather dissolve it if
possible.