Remove interior door frame?

Old August 27th 06, 09:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove interior door frame?

I removed a kitchen door, now I want to take off the interior door
frame. Where it was, I'd like to make it smooth and flat so you can't
tell a door was there. When I took off one of the clamshell sides, I
see that there are many different options, all with their challenges.
What would you recommend?

Old August 27th 06, 09:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Hang sheetrock and use outside metal corner bead on all edges, float
with joint compound and paint

Old August 27th 06, 10:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Carefully peel off molding from one side. You should then see nails going
thru shims which hold frame in place. Cut with sawzall and remove frame.
Replace with flat trim.

ups.com...

Old August 28th 06, 12:47 AM posted to alt.home.repair

I just did the same thing on my kitchen. As the other person said, cut it
out, and nail on some corner bead, and then use joint compound. You'll need
to wrap it with baseboards and tie them in to the existing bbs.

ups.com...

Old August 28th 06, 06:36 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Beryl" wrote in news:1156705490.901805.218660
@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I removed a kitchen door, now I want to take off the interior door
frame. Where it was, I'd like to make it smooth and flat so you can't
tell a door was there. When I took off one of the clamshell sides, I
see that there are many different options, all with their challenges.
What would you recommend?

My Ex took out a door & frame when I went shopping for a used pickup and
came home with a fire red Mitsu 3000GT.
Old August 28th 06, 01:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Al Bundy wrote:

My Ex took out a door & frame when I went shopping for a used pickup and
came home with a fire red Mitsu 3000GT.

we're going to need a little more information

i mean, some of us don't have x's

Did she do a nice job
did she clean up behind herself?

HOW DID SHE EVEN GET IN THE HOUSE

deep down you wanted her there? you wanted her to say, baby, im home?

Old tile - To remove or not to remove... rb608 Home Repair 3 July 12th 06 05:06 AM
Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands? Ross Mac UK diy 7 February 27th 05 10:22 PM
Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands? John Rumm Home Repair 1 February 27th 05 08:22 PM
Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands? John Rumm UK diy 1 February 27th 05 08:22 PM
Best way to remove sticky Araldite from hands? Mary Fisher UK diy 0 February 27th 05 03:10 PM