Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Media Bigwigs Dispute

Facebook and Twitter don't like the New York Post.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebook-twitter-block-the-post-from-posting/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/14/2020 5:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â* Facebook and Twitter don't like the New York Post.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebook-twitter-block-the-post-from-posting/

Just posted to facebook to see what happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:29:07 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 10/14/2020 5:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â* Facebook and Twitter don't like the New York Post.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebook-twitter-block-the-post-from-posting/

Just posted to facebook to see what happens.

It will usually get spiked if they don't like the content.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default y OT. Media Bigwigs Dispute

On 10/14/20 9:03 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/14/2020 04:29 PM, Frank wrote:
On 10/14/2020 5:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* Facebook and Twitter don't like the New York Post.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebook-twitter-block-the-post-from-posting/

Just posted to facebook to see what happens.

Get on Gab!

It's on my someday list. I don't use Facebook or Twitter
Now Twitter has suspended the Trump campaign account.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-account-locked-twitter-ny-post-biden-2020-10?op=1

That kind of thing could well backfire. Private companies
censoring speech might
be legal but average folks could well resent it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2020 09:33 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 10/14/20 9:03 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/14/2020 04:29 PM, Frank wrote:
On 10/14/2020 5:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Facebook and Twitter don't like the New York Post.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebook-twitter-block-the-post-from-posting/

Just posted to facebook to see what happens.

Get on Gab!

It's on my someday list. I don't use Facebook or Twitter
Now Twitter has suspended the Trump campaign account.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-account-locked-twitter-ny-post-biden-2020-10?op=1

That kind of thing could well backfire. Private companies
censoring speech might
be legal but average folks could well resent it.

Ajit Pai started a ****storm today when he mentioned Section 230:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/15/fcc-...ction-230.html

Section 230 was part of the Communications Decency Act of 1996. Reno v.
American Civil Liberties Union resulted in most of the CDA being
declared unconstitutional but Section 230 remained. 24 years ago they
didn't have Facebook, Twitter, etc in mind.

Both the left and the right agree 230 has to be revised although their
reasons may differs. The left is screaming 'Yes, it needs work BUT NOT
RIGHT NOW!".

As it became apparent that Silicon Valley was stacking the deck people
like Torba started alternate venues like Gab. Get banned on Twitter, go
to Gab.

Most people have always curated their inputs to match their confirmation
biases. I don't post on Twitter but I follow a variety of people ranging
from James Woods to AOC. I'm not threatened by ideas. However if people
like Woods get banned from Twitter for posting photos of a drugged out
Hunter Biden and move to Gab, there won't be much left there but a left
wing echo chamber.

I never did FaceBook. I don't know Zuckerberg but I've certainly known
people like him. Even when FB was starting up I had no desire to take
part in something created by the arrogant little ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2020 11:33 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 10/14/20 9:03 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/14/2020 04:29 PM, Frank wrote:
On 10/14/2020 5:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* Facebook and Twitter don't like the New York Post.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebook-twitter-block-the-post-from-posting/

Just posted to facebook to see what happens.

Get on Gab!

Â*Â*Â* It's on my someday list.Â* I don't use Facebook or Twitter
Â* Now Twitter has suspended the Trump campaignÂ* account.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-account-locked-twitter-ny-post-biden-2020-10?op=1

Â*Â*Â*Â* That kind of thing could well backfire.Â* Private companies
censoring speech might
be legal but average folks could well resent it.

I see it on Facebook under my name but do not know if many others see
it. Only one commented on it.

Twitter has me banned because I did not set up account right. With them
you are dealing with a bunch of bots and to get it corrected I would
have had to paid someone. Screw that.

Both are private businesses and can do what they want but both have
become such public platforms that they could pay for what they are doing
with changes in the law.