Posted to alt.home.repair
Susan \(CobbersMom\)

Default laser lever/stud finder

My kids are asking for my xmas list and figured the laser level/stud finder
would be something they could afford. I remember a discussion of auto
coffee makers recently (another newsgroup?) and the Black and Deckers came
off bad.
It would be used for puttering around the house, nothing major. I know what
they can afford ($30-50) is certainly not the best, but anyone have
recommendations as to what might not be a piece of crap? Thanks
Sue
Minocqua, WI
Yamaha '00 VStar 650 FOR SALE
'04 TW200 (mud = fun)
Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937

"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't
matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Susan (CobbersMom)" wrote in message
My kids are asking for my xmas list and figured the laser level/stud

finder
would be something they could afford. I remember a discussion of auto
coffee makers recently (another newsgroup?) and the Black and Deckers came
off bad.
It would be used for puttering around the house, nothing major. I know

what
they can afford ($30-50) is certainly not the best, but anyone have
recommendations as to what might not be a piece of crap? Thanks
Sue
Minocqua, WI
Yamaha '00 VStar 650 FOR SALE
'04 TW200 (mud = fun)
Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937

"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't
matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss

I bought a Stanley IntelliLazer Pro for about 50 bucks. Mostly for the
laser. Stud finders are only marginally successful in my hands. You need to
put holes in the wall to hang this one. I use finish nails. It will shoot
~20 feet in a bright room down a wall and on to the next wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Susan \(CobbersMom\)

"SQLit" wrote in message I bought a Stanley IntelliLazer Pro for about
50 bucks. Mostly for the laser. Stud finders are only marginally
successful in my hands. You need to put holes in the wall to hang this
one. I use finish nails. It will shoot ~20 feet in a bright room down a
wall and on to the next wall.

Thanks, should fit the bill. The studs don't matter, I can find them with
my eyeballs. House is so old, there is a shadow where every nail is.