Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Underground oil tank gauge

Old November 27th 06, 09:38 PM posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Underground oil tank gauge

I have an underground fuel oil tank (it's a 1000 gal. fiberglass
sphere). Is there any economical level measurement system that would
work in this instance (I checked out one gauge from King-Gage, but they
wanted $1500 for their cheapest model) other than a measuring stick?

Replies in the newsgroup, please.

Thanks,

Steve

Old November 28th 06, 12:12 AM posted to misc.consumers.house

Steve wrote:

I have an underground fuel oil tank (it's a 1000 gal. fiberglass
sphere). Is there any economical level measurement system that would
work in this instance (I checked out one gauge from King-Gage, but they
wanted $1500 for their cheapest model) other than a measuring stick?

Replies in the newsgroup, please.

Thanks,

Steve

Check this out. It's for aircraft application,
and might require an extra-length probe but the
price can't be beat:

http://www.ppavionics.com/FG1.html

Jim