Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Vødkäjéllÿ

Default Remote Gauge for OIL central heating tank

Remote Gauge for OIL central heating tank

Hiya

Please could anyone tell me if they know of such a thing? Ie the gauge
would be in the house not actually on the tank outside. Maybe with a beep
alarm that goes off when the tank is getting low.

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks in advance :O)

--
Vj

Speedy Jim

Vødkäjéllÿ wrote:
Remote Gauge for OIL central heating tank

Hiya

Please could anyone tell me if they know of such a thing? Ie the gauge
would be in the house not actually on the tank outside. Maybe with a beep
alarm that goes off when the tank is getting low.

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks in advance :O)

That's an interesting problem.
There are inexpensive gauges (mechanical) that screw into
the tank top and have large readouts.
For an indoor remote readout, there is a manometer gauge;
they are not cheap.
Some electronic gauges today also.

GOOGLE: oil tank remote gauge
or something similar.

Jim
Vødkäjéllÿ

Speedy Jim wrote:

That's an interesting problem.
There are inexpensive gauges (mechanical) that screw into
the tank top and have large readouts.
For an indoor remote readout, there is a manometer gauge;
they are not cheap.
Some electronic gauges today also.

GOOGLE: oil tank remote gauge
or something similar.

Jim

Google mainly comes up with commercial gauges or tanks fitted with remote
gauges. Trying to find one on its own is a bit of a problem. But a chap
from another group gave me the name of a company that does them for domestic
use.

Thanks for replying :O)
--
Vj

Alternatives to gas for central heating and domestic water heating? Jimmy UK diy 55 January 16th 05 12:49 PM
Central heating advice Wordy UK diy 4 January 7th 05 08:19 AM
Gravity fed Central Heating System Woes Kev Parkin UK diy 4 October 22nd 03 11:23 AM
central heating probs mark UK diy 3 October 20th 03 11:35 AM
No central heating - HW only threewayvalve and tank therm John UK diy 7 September 29th 03 09:18 AM