Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Amar

Default Gas or electric dryer - how do I find out?

I bought a house recently that came with a dryer. How do I find out
whether it's a gas dryer or electrical?

Thanks!
Amar

Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
Amar wrote:
I bought a house recently that came with a dryer. How do I find out
whether it's a gas dryer or electrical?

If there is a gas pipe connected to it, it is gas.

If there is an electric cord from the dryer to the wall that is much
thicker and has a much larger plug than your vacuum cleaner (or similar
sized appliance) it is electric.

If all else fails, its probably marked on the nameplate.