Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SMT capacitors for Sony Camcorders

Does anyone know of a UK source (other than Sony) for the 10uf SMT
capacitors used in Sony camcorders.
They are 3mm in diameter and 5mm high. I have only been able to obtain some
of 4mm diameter but they are slightly too large to solder without causing
possible adjacent component damage.

I have looked at RS components, CPC, Rapidonline etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:53:36 GMT, "Donnie"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a UK source (other than Sony) for the 10uf SMT
capacitors used in Sony camcorders.
They are 3mm in diameter and 5mm high. I have only been able to obtain some
of 4mm diameter but they are slightly too large to solder without causing
possible adjacent component damage.

I have looked at RS components, CPC, Rapidonline etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

uk.farnell.com

Also, they're not in the UK, but I believe they ship overseas if
that's an option: www.mouser.com
We order many SM components from them, they're one of the few we've
found with lots of stock willing to sell in quantities of 1 (with
extra price, of course).
http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine....RefType=Header
That link may not work for you, but worth a shot.

Hope it helps,
Steve

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info Steve. I never thought of Farnell.
I managed to get the right 10uF capacitors and a few other SMT capacitors
that I required.
some are no longer stocked but on checking Mouser in the USA the seem to
have the parts although the order processing charge is high plus postage and
possible VAT and import duty into the UK may not make it a viable option.

Once again thanks for the info.
Dan

Capacitors 101 Stevie D Electronics Repair 6 December 21st 06 03:41 AM
Cheaper parts for camcorders HarryHydro Electronics Repair 2 August 1st 06 04:06 AM
RPC run capacitors Martin Whybrow Metalworking 4 August 6th 05 06:29 PM
Capacitors Prometheus Woodturning 7 January 4th 05 02:03 AM
Help with Sony SLV-R5UC capacitors Ron Electronics Repair 11 August 9th 04 03:56 PM