Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default CPC Disconnect

I see a phone answering machine on Ebay, maybe 10 or 15 years old, and
it has "CPC Disconnect". I googled and learned that was Calling Party
Control Disconnect.

All of the google hits I can find involve fancy local phone systems
with devices that cost 70 dollars or more, and they just say their
device provides it. They assume people already know they want it.

I can't figure out what CPC Disconnect is. Especially as it pertains
to a simple residential line.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

mm wrote:

snip

I can't figure out what CPC Disconnect is. Especially as it pertains
to a simple residential line.

From the online glossary at: http://www.vikingelectronics.com/glo...lecom-term.php

CPC - Calling Party Control (Disconnect Supervision) A short break
in the line current in the called party’s phone line when the calling
party hangs up. Not available on PABX’s.

The answering machine can detect calling party hangups and react accordingly.

Regards,

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:37:30 -0500, msg wrote:

snip

From the online glossary at: http://www.vikingelectronics.com/glo...lecom-term.php

CPC - Calling Party Control (Disconnect Supervision) A short break
in the line current in the called party’s phone line when the calling
party hangs up. Not available on PABX’s.

The answering machine can detect calling party hangups and react accordingly.

Thanks. This feature is fine, and pretty common. Now I know I can
get the machine I was looking at online and not get stuck with a
feature I hate.

And thanks again because I diddn't find that page.

P&M becaues it's been serveral days.

Regards,

Michael

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

So after you explained what CPC was, see below, I bought the 20 year
old phone machine off of Ebay, and it had 3 CPC settings.

Off to have the System disconnect by voice-control
Short to have the System disconnect from the line when the caller
hangs up, and
Long, which is like short but for people with Call Waiting.

The machine that I had that I liked, by the same company Code-a-Phone,
didn't have any settigns for this, and it worked fine, even though I
have call waiting.

So far I'm very happy with my machine. I had two or three in a row,
counting my own, that would answer the phone and play the message, and
would record a memo etc. if I pushed the right button, but wouldn't
switch from playing the announcement to recording the message. And I
had one from a friend that smelled like smoke when I turned it on, so
I unplugged it and took off the case, and I could see the smoke, and
with my finger find the hot part, a little coil, but I didn't think
that was enough to find the problem. So this is my 4th or 5th
code-a-phone machine.

It has a few other added features that the one I bought 23 years ago
didn't have.

Thanks again, msg.

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:01:41 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:37:30 -0500, msg wrote:

snip

From the online glossary at: http://www.vikingelectronics.com/glo...lecom-term.php

CPC - Calling Party Control (Disconnect Supervision) A short break
in the line current in the called party’s phone line when the calling
party hangs up. Not available on PABX’s.

The answering machine can detect calling party hangups and react accordingly.

Thanks. This feature is fine, and pretty common. Now I know I can
get the machine I was looking at online and not get stuck with a
feature I hate.

And thanks again because I diddn't find that page.

P&M becaues it's been serveral days.

Regards,

Michael

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Elec. Disconnect box help Greg White Home Repair 24 June 21st 07 02:44 AM
disconnect box when adding subpanel tr Home Repair 5 May 17th 07 07:44 PM
disconnect box when adding subpanel BobK207 Home Repair 2 May 17th 07 06:45 PM
disconnect spa power peter Home Repair 2 May 5th 06 11:22 PM
AC Disconnect Bedford Guy Home Repair 10 February 1st 06 07:42 PM