Default Help - washing machine won't drain!

Andy Evans wrote:

My washing machine won't drain - where do I look first? There's a filter at the
bottom. If it isn't that, is it internal, or just the exit pipe is clogged? Can
I pour that fould drain cleaning fluid in to it or should I - groan - pull the
damn thing out (it's heavy) and look round the back? What's the basic
fault-finding process?
Thank you for helping me avoid BO! Andy

First pull the drain hose and put it lower than the drum, if it runs
freely the pumps stuck, if slowly the interceptor/filter has something
in it, either way you will end up having to drain it and/or flood the
floor. Thats why ours is right next to the conservatory door, easy to
drain outside! Oh yeas look for a new one pence piece stuck where the
hose fits to a spigot if its fully plumbed in, BTDT!#

Niel.