Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hard to clean Plastic Shower Floors

On Aug 30, 10:55*am, marco wrote:
I have a 10 year old house, with 2 showers,
and I'm having a hard time cleaning the plastic floors.
It's some sort of space age plastic, that stains easily.

I think I've tried almost everything, including a little bleach.
Any ideas?

I do have some toilet cleaner that has acid [The Works],
but I'm afraid to try this stuff.

thank, marc

[i posted this over in alt.home.cleaning, but i didn't realize that group had such little use]

Bleach and some scouring power will probably work, but the floors of
the shower will restain again quickly if you don't take some permanent
action to resurface it.I would go to a local hardware store - not a
big box - and see what they have in the paint dept in the nature of
epoxy floors. Is the floor COMPLETELY rigid, so you could tile it?