Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default How do you clean your wet/dry vacuum cleaner filter?

HerHusband wrote:

Nope. Pleated paper works fine for wet pickup.

I'll take your word for it. As I said, I never vac liquids, but I would
think the filter would clog up even more if you tried to vac dust after it
was wet from vacuuming a liquid?

My Sears vac says I can leave the filter in if vacuuming up 'light
spills' -- but then it says to remove the filter and dry thoroughly
before vacuuming dust. I remove mine for liquids. [light spill? use
a towel]

I also just bang it out inside a garbage can every couple of dumps.
Jim