Posted to rec.woodworking
Neillarson Neillarson is offline

Default Tips on Cutting Miter Slots on Outfeed Table?

I am making an outfeed table for my Steel City cab saw, I am thinking
that I will have a fixed piece about 10" out from the saw and a hinged
folding piece after that about 30" out. I want to cut miter gauge
slots to match the saw for about 20 inches but cannot come uo with a
way that will ensure that they match. Any ideas?

I had thought of using my 5 foort straight edge as a router guide and
start it on the saw to ensure parallelism, but how accurate should
this cut be? if there is a little slop in this groove, I would think
that it would have no effect since it is really only there for run
out.

WHat have others done?

Thanks for any feedback.

Neil