Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Default Heat loss from furnace via flue ?

Tonight for some reason I felt the flue pipe while the furnace was
running and the thing is hot as blazes. Even at the end of the 6' run
of 4" pipe, you can't even keep your finger on the flue pipe for more
than a couple seconds cause it's so hot.

Is there some way to capture this heat ? If so, what do I look into ?
I must be heating half the country.

Thank you !

You can try a flue damper, to prevent cold air from backing down into your
gas furnace.

Grainger may have just what you're looking for:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...i=xi&ItemId=16
11758442&ccitem=

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . DVD MASTERING . AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com