John Moorhead

Default "flipper" doors

Folks -

Okay, this one's about WOODWORKING... not the students, this time...

I am building an entertainment center, chest on chest design and the client
wants flipper doors in the upper cabinet to conceal the teeeeveeee. I've
never fooled with flippers before... It looks like I need to allow an
additional 4" clearance, plus 1 1/2"
for interior panels, to add to my "net" inside width. Does anyone have
anything posted on the web on how to do this, or more importantly, what to
watch for? The cabs I am building will be set up with face frames and
overlaid doors. So, to allow for a 30w teevee, I am looking at an internal
cabinet width of ~36" so that I have a fraction extra to play with.

I'd sure appreciate some pointers here...

MTC/TIA

John Moorhead

Tom Watson

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:15:07 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

Folks -

Okay, this one's about WOODWORKING... not the students, this time...

I am building an entertainment center, chest on chest design and the client
wants flipper doors in the upper cabinet to conceal the teeeeveeee. I've
never fooled with flippers before... It looks like I need to allow an
additional 4" clearance, plus 1 1/2"
for interior panels, to add to my "net" inside width. Does anyone have
anything posted on the web on how to do this, or more importantly, what to
watch for? The cabs I am building will be set up with face frames and
overlaid doors. So, to allow for a 30w teevee, I am looking at an internal
cabinet width of ~36" so that I have a fraction extra to play with.

I'd sure appreciate some pointers here...

MTC/TIA

John Moorhead

http://www.accuride.com/uploads/cate...ides_pdf_1.pdf

Jim

John:

We will post some tech info on our web site tomorrow. I thought it was
already up, but couldn't find it when I checked, so the web guy will be
adding it in the morning. Also, feel free to call our tech support line at
1-800-443-7937. We carry the Mepla line, and I have been very happy with its
performance. At least the parts themselves are on the site.Check
http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?subcat=6.1.12 for further info.

HTH,

Jim Ray, President
McFeely's Square Drive Screws
www.mcfeelys.com

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
[...]

Unisaw A-100

http://www.accuride.com/uploads/cate...ides_pdf_1.pdf

Ditto what Tom said and also, take a look at the new
Accurides that allow for a full overlay door. Gone are the
daze when the lower cabinets had wider doors and the
flippers looking so funny with their skinnier doors.

UA100

Advice needed on putting poly on wood interior doors Shawn Home Repair 15 January 17th 05 05:26 AM
mdf wardrobe doors gary watson UK diy 10 October 27th 04 04:04 PM
Any Ideas How To Replace Rotted Wood Panels On French Doors? Ron Home Repair 5 March 20th 04 06:52 PM
New Front Door(s) Bruce Home Repair 4 December 10th 03 12:37 AM
Stripped doors in Edinburg (experience; long) robin UK diy 0 September 1st 03 01:49 PM