DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tool coating (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/96616-tool-coating.html)

Scott D. Magee March 26th 05 07:02 AM

Tool coating

I once saw an episode of "This Old House", and one of the guys talked about
this stuff he used on a wooden sliding door to make it stop sticking and
glide nice and easy again.

He also talked about how he used this stuff to coat his cutting tools like,
saw and circular saw. It makes the wood glide nice and freely over the saw
table surface.

I think this stuff was some kind of paste, wax, or something.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or know the name of this stuff?
For the life of me I can't remember.

Thanks, sdm

Todd Fatheree March 26th 05 07:54 AM

"Scott D. Magee" wrote in message
om...
I once saw an episode of "This Old House", and one of the guys talked

about
this stuff he used on a wooden sliding door to make it stop sticking and
glide nice and easy again.

He also talked about how he used this stuff to coat his cutting tools

like,
saw and circular saw. It makes the wood glide nice and freely over the

saw
table surface.

I think this stuff was some kind of paste, wax, or something.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or know the name of this

stuff?
For the life of me I can't remember.

Thanks, sdm

I think paraffin would do nicely in both cases.

todd

Lee Gordon March 26th 05 08:39 AM

I once saw an episode of "This Old House", and one of the guys talked
about
this stuff he used on a wooden sliding door to make it stop sticking and
glide nice and easy again.

He also talked about how he used this stuff to coat his cutting tools like,
saw and circular saw. It makes the wood glide nice and freely over the saw
table surface.

I think this stuff was some kind of paste, wax, or something.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or know the name of this stuff?
For the life of me I can't remember.

The stuff he used in that segment was a product called called SlipIt.
(www.slipit.com)

Here's a link to a page about the episode:
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tvpr...576512,00.html

Lee

Unquestionably Confused March 26th 05 02:54 PM

Lee Gordon wrote:
I once saw an episode of "This Old House", and one of the guys talked
about
this stuff he used on a wooden sliding door to make it stop sticking and
glide nice and easy again.

He also talked about how he used this stuff to coat his cutting tools like,
saw and circular saw. It makes the wood glide nice and freely over the saw
table surface.

I think this stuff was some kind of paste, wax, or something.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or know the name of this stuff?
For the life of me I can't remember.

The stuff he used in that segment was a product called called SlipIt.
(www.slipit.com)

But use care. The original Slip-It contains silicones. There is a
"Sil-free" version, a jell and, I think, a pump spray (as opposed to
aerosol packaged) version.