DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The ultimate woodworking project. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/95963-ultimate-woodworking-project.html)

jraah March 21st 05 03:43 PM

The ultimate woodworking project.

If you like working with wood then have a go at making an authentic scale
model of a Horse Drawn Vehicle. A Ledge Caravan or a Garden Seat Omnibus
perhaps? If you would like to attempt something less demanding then go for
making one of the many Farm Waggons that are available. Take a look at this
none commercial web site for inspirational ideas
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/scalemodel.hdvs/ There is a MODEL GALLERY page
where you can see some fantastic models that have been made by other model
makers. There is a TIPS & IDEAS page, advice on where to get plans from and
loads of links to suppliers and other sources.

I hope you enjoy it.

~~~jraah~~~

WillR March 21st 05 04:10 PM

jraah wrote:
If you like working with wood then have a go at making an authentic scale
model of a Horse Drawn Vehicle. A Ledge Caravan or a Garden Seat Omnibus
perhaps? If you would like to attempt something less demanding then go for
making one of the many Farm Waggons that are available. Take a look at this
none commercial web site for inspirational ideas
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/scalemodel.hdvs/ There is a MODEL GALLERY page
where you can see some fantastic models that have been made by other model
makers. There is a TIPS & IDEAS page, advice on where to get plans from and
loads of links to suppliers and other sources.

I hope you enjoy it.

~~~jraah~~~

Much better. But maybe Scale Model should be in the title now... It isn'
the "ultimate project" for everyone.

I would have been inclined to "click the mouse" this time anyway -
without the note in the last post...

It really is a very nice site. I do love the scale models -- but I
wasn't interested -- before...

I have done some toys for grandchildren - which they promptly wrecked.
So now I have to do more anyway. Maybe they would like to smash some
scale models? LOL.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek