Old March 19th 05, 12:59 AM
Olebiker

Default Router lift for Hitachi M12V?

Has anyone used a router lift device on a Hitachi M12V? I have had one
in my router table for several years and would like to have a lift
device, but they are a little pricey and I want to hear from someone
who has had a positive experience.

Dick Durbin
Tallahassee

Old March 19th 05, 04:25 AM
David Lawler

I haven't installed one, but I've seen the Router Raizer on the M12V, and it
is really nice, and it has gotten a lot of good reviews. But I can't find
it for less than $90!

I'm thinking about putting it on mine. Let me know what you come up with.

oups.com...

Old March 19th 05, 07:49 AM
LP

On 18 Mar 2005 16:59:17 -0800, "Olebiker" wrote:

Has anyone used a router lift device on a Hitachi M12V? I have had one
in my router table for several years and would like to have a lift
device, but they are a little pricey and I want to hear from someone
who has had a positive experience.

Dick Durbin
Tallahassee

Dick

The Woodpecker plunge lift is about as good as you can get and the
price isnt too bad at $129.95.

http://www.woodpeck.com/plungelift.html

My own router is a Bosch 1619 but they also have one specifically for
the Hitachi M12V. The mechanism is very smooth and solid, and cranks
easily from above the table. The plate is 3/8 aluminum and quite
rigid. You'll probably want to purchase the 2" insert to go along
with the 3 that come with it. By removing the inserts altogether you
can swing 3-1/2" panel raisers with no problem. All in all I consider
this to be one of my better acquisitions.

Nope, no affiliation, just a satisfied woodbutcher.
Old March 19th 05, 04:26 PM
arw01

I bought a Router Razier to install onto my TR12 (non variable speed
hitachi). It took me a bit longer then instructions, however it was
easy. I use this on my router all the time in the table. My "insert"
is two pieces of 1/4" hardboard glued together and drilled out. If it
flexes I don't see it. Cost was basically $2.00 worth of scraps.

You can still plunge the router with the router razer, so if you want
to take it out of the table it is an option.

Alan

Old March 19th 05, 05:19 PM
nospambob

I've got the Raizer used with the Makita 3612 and have had NO problems
and would do it again.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:25:11 -0500, "David Lawler"
wrote:

I haven't installed one, but I've seen the Router Raizer on the M12V, and it
is really nice, and it has gotten a lot of good reviews. But I can't find
it for less than $90!

I'm thinking about putting it on mine. Let me know what you come up with.

roups.com...