DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   [OT more-or-less] Ebonizing With India Ink (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/95530-%5Bot-more-less%5D-re-ebonizing-india-ink.html)

Lawrence L'Hote March 17th 05 10:08 PM

[OT more-or-less] Ebonizing With India Ink

My coat-hanger wire sculpture is just about finished. The base is a piece
of white oak counter top ebonized with India ink. The base is attached to a
polished piece of 16 gauge scrap for stability. The leaves mimic some I
picked up on a recent trip to the sunshine state and are made from some
dumpster scrap, thin, galvanized sheet. Just some fine tuning and polishing
remain.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/florida1big.jpg
FWIW the table, made from primavera, was built about 4 years ago and shown
on a.b.p.w in the past. Now that it's turned warm I have little excuse to
can get back into my woodworking shop/garage. I got sidetracked on this
metal crafting kick.
Larry
--
Columbia, MO